Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM

630 posts, read 1,878,271 times

Advertisements

If this is about the noise.. does that mean I can have neighbors dog taken away for incessant barking?
I'll bet this guy doesn't shoot at all hours of the morning like these dogs.

Sadly I came down here do get away from all these kind of people, and the people over by the Speedway, and that other place by the manure plant. Why do people feel the need to barge into a place and take away the rights of the previous landowners? Why does the govt cash out on peoples rights for money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 07:59 PM

7 posts, read 17,070 times
"silencers" are illegal in North Carolina! No help from that point of view!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbachui View Post
"silencers" are illegal in North Carolina! No help from that point of view!
No, they're not...

Old 01-12-2009, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,932 times
Default Dr. Land shouldn't need support to enjoy freedoms this country was based on, but since he does....

As someone pointed out, Dr. Land was kind enough to let me fire a belt thru one of his German WWII era machine guns a couple years ago - and gave me such a smile that when I'm feeling down, I play the video of it on my computer. I always feel better. Though I am an avid shooter, you don't see those types of firearms in California often.

Given a couple of presumptions, Dr. Land has every right to shoot on his own property as you do to run your stereo on yours.

Presumption one: Firing is being done in a safe manner, i.e. not shooting bullets into the air, etc.

Presumption two: The range is fully capable of stopping the rounds he is firing.

The question of safety and danger to passers-by is rendered moot if the above presumptions are correct.

Then, the only issue is - noise ordinances. I don't know what your local area is, but here in Northern California you have great leeway until nighttime.

The problem for the people bothered is not really the noise level, though - it is that they are uncommonly afraid of hearing gunfire.

Well, guess what - if YOU are afraid of hearing gunfire that is known to be from a well equipped gun range and being administered by a respected, conscientious adult person who is well educated about firearms, safety, and the law - then YOU need to move back in with your parents and have them wash your binky when it falls out of your mouth, because you have yet to learn common sense.

Would you have been as upset if you had purchased land next to a firing range that was used exclusively by the police? I would guess not (though having myself been on a firing line with police departments before, I would generalize and say you should be more concerned with that than with a private citizen).

Dr. Land - I hope you come thru this with your property, your funds, your firearms, and your life intact. Good luck, and let me know if you need more support - you'll get it.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM

60 posts, read 157,815 times
Epeescott........

You have to remember that there are a lot of yuppie transplants down here now and the last thing they ever want to experience is the sound of distant gunfire. Might cause them to drop or spill their $4 coffee lattes.

My attitude is, if you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen.

I definitely don't want to start a rumor for the faint hearted, but I did hear that the ongoing widening of Providence Road is actually for the express purpose of that new navy airfield. I dunno.....

Old 05-03-2009, 04:45 PM

4 posts, read 10,319 times
He was there first, its his land he is in the county he can shoot if he wants too

Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
I've heard it from time to time...doesn't bother me.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:45 AM

310 posts, read 672,797 times
Seems to me that the guy with the arsenal gets to do what he wants and the yuppie transplants that "don't believe" in guns MIGHT want to be quiet?

That was a joke, but seriously I'm with the rest of you on this. Leave the man alone, he got there first, it was YOUR responsibility and the COUNTY or municipality's responsibility to know what they were building a school near. I'm so sick of following crap like this, it's why I'm moving somewhere as rural as possible.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
Seems to me that the guy with the arsenal gets to do what he wants and the yuppie transplants that "don't believe" in guns MIGHT want to be quiet?

That was a joke, but seriously I'm with the rest of you on this. Leave the man alone, he got there first, it was YOUR responsibility and the COUNTY or municipality's responsibility to know what they were building a school near. I'm so sick of following crap like this, it's why I'm moving somewhere as rural as possible.
I bet that's what Dr. Land thought when he bought his property and built his gun range.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
LOL.....what "shooting"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Can one of you post a link to the story - I have not heard about this shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte