Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:14 AM

501 posts, read 526,101 times

Advertisements

[quote=Lassielad;46406069] You are absolutely correct. I have traveled extensively in six continents and over 50 countries. Our cops are by far the most lenient and risk taking. They take no crap from thugs or anyone in Central or South America, Asia, and many places in Europe (France for example.) I have been pulled over in my care and experienced other incidents where I was at gunpoint while the police laughed, made up bogus charges and fined me on site. And, there was no recourse. We have, by far, the best police officers in the world in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 10:27 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
...Do police in other countries handle these situations in a similar fashion, shoot to kill?

Our police aren't trained to "shoot to kill" they are trained to "shoot to stop the threat". Do you know any police on a personal basis? Maybe you should talk to one of them about their use-of-force training.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Our police aren't trained to "shoot to kill" they are trained to "shoot to stop the threat". Do you know any police on a personal basis? Maybe you should talk to one of them about their use-of-force training.
I suppose the person asking the question meant that when the cops shoot, do they "shoot to kill." If that is the question the answer is yes. I know that you never shoot someone just to injure them. I hope that answers his question. A cop always fires at least three rounds to ensure total termination.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:28 PM

6,817 posts, read 9,023,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Maybe we're talking semantics. Are you referring to NC police or USA?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Please explain how the cops in N.C. are different from cops in other states in the U.S. Do cops in other states wait for the bad guy to shoot first or something like that?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:14 AM

1,859 posts, read 1,641,673 times
Quote:
Why not further refine it to Police in your County, your neighborhood, or the one that ticketed you for a broken tail light?

Old 12-06-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
Please explain how the cops in N.C. are different from cops in other states in the U.S. Do cops in other states wait for the bad guy to shoot first or something like that?
I don't think we can guarantee that all police departments are exactly the same. Maybe most would shoot, I dont know. The question is what procedure do they follow before shooting a suspect?

Old 12-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think we can guarantee that all police departments are exactly the same. Maybe most would shoot, I dont know. The question is what procedure do they follow before shooting a suspect?
It seems that the general rule everywhere is that if your life is in danger, react. What else would be the rule? People react in different ways and it depends on experience, and prioritizing one's value of life and desire to preserve it. Anotherwords, do I want to give take a chance on this moron with a gun killing me or not. If it isn't dropped upon command, shoot if it looks like a threat to life if imminent. There are some cops that are *******s just like other professions, but, I don't think that many of them are stupid or even cruel. Whenever I hear of a cop shooting someone with a gun, I am on their side. I don't understand why morons are so adamant about crucifying cops. They should be concerned about having so many stupid people as peers that can't understand that obeying cops is the thing to do and "never" pull out a gun or point an object at a cop that could be taken as a weapon. No matter what the department policy happens to be, it is only a guideline when it comes to the final decision. It is ones instinct that does the work.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:21 PM

I'd like to know if police gave someone a chance to drop the weapon or get on the ground, or did they just start shooting. Too many sad stories of people with fake guns getting shot because police and public think it's a real gun and police shoot to kill.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:10 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:

Every police force that I've had contact with personnel from. That would include, NC, MI, CO, SC, MO and CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: