U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-15-2017, 11:55 AM
 
547 posts, read 537,066 times
Reputation: 218

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Yep, almost 4 years out and no schools at cap, no neighborhoods split. At one point, McKibben himself said most systems have to do it ever 3 years.
You mean no schools over UCPS's fictional capacities?

I think you may be mistaken though.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/som...choo/113016361

Also, Porter Ridge is supposed to be capped at 1700 and ADM is 1747.

And we have a thousand or more students in older middle schools originally designed to hold 700-800. Those schools often have 35+ students packed into their substandard sized classrooms.

I don't think I'd call the redistricting a success.

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 03-15-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM
 
2,201 posts, read 2,381,201 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
You mean no schools over UCPS's fictional capacities?

Absolutely!!

We all know people that dedicate 30 plus years to their job make up numbers all the time. No honor among career professionals.
The only honorable, trustworthy people in all this are those with opinions gathered from a few weeks of checking randomly distributed numbers on the internet, therefore making them experts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 12:44 PM
 
547 posts, read 537,066 times
Reputation: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Absolutely!!

We all know people that dedicate 30 plus years to their job make up numbers all the time. No honor among career professionals.
The only honorable, trustworthy people in all this are those with opinions gathered from a few weeks of checking randomly distributed numbers on the internet, therefore making them experts.
We shall see soon enough. Since the capacities are to be recalculated as part of the redistricting process, I'd say there must be wide-spread concern about their accuracy. It might be a question of competence as much as a perceived lack of "honor" in former staff that is the cause of concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 02:16 PM
 
2,201 posts, read 2,381,201 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
We shall see soon enough. Since the capacities are to be recalculated as part of the redistricting process, I'd say there must be wide-spread concern about their accuracy. It might be a question of competence as much as a perceived lack of "honor" in former staff that is the cause of concern.
Yep again, gotta question the competence of staff that formulated the plan to get UCPS to the top of the educational heap in NC. At the same time devised learning strategies that had people from all over the country looking at their methods. Why even people from a certain Texas school district asked for help in certain instructional areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 02:26 PM
 
547 posts, read 537,066 times
Reputation: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Yep again, gotta question the competence of staff that formulated the plan to get UCPS to the top of the educational heap in NC. At the same time devised learning strategies that had people from all over the country looking at their methods. Why even people from a certain Texas school district asked for help in certain instructional areas.
You forgot to add "got the SBI looking at their methods."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 02:42 PM
 
2,201 posts, read 2,381,201 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
You forgot to add "got the SBI looking at their methods."

Always good to 100% pass the scrutiny of the SBI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM
 
631 posts, read 738,136 times
Reputation: 305
It will be interesting to see McKibben's formula for building capacity. Just as intriguing will be the class size mandates from the state legislatures and how that fits in with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 PM
 
114 posts, read 89,663 times
Reputation: 47
Bubba has changed his tune from the last go round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM
 
114 posts, read 89,663 times
Reputation: 47
As long as WO is moved to where they "deserve" to be, nothing else really matters. All else is just for show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2017, 04:47 AM
 
Location: Union County
5,787 posts, read 8,433,431 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocion View Post
As long as WO is moved to where they "deserve" to be, nothing else really matters. All else is just for show.
The personal agendas will be interesting to watch... many butts are still sore. I think it will become obvious who remains engaged and involved just for their own "house value" or "snowflake". Depending on your perspective WO is in a bad spot, literally. There are many geographically challenged similar neighborhoods. Heck, Wesley Chapel in general got the ole hose job if you ask them. The legacy CAPS crew definitely will have lots to say I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top