U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 06:47 PM

547 posts, read 535,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecialHere View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is Merrel and the BOE doing well?
Diverting bond funds.
Manipulating the realignment process.
Executing political hits on board members.

Well, maybe the last one not so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 07:35 PM

114 posts, read 89,262 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what is Merrel and the BOE doing well? Cause reading through this long winded thread it seems like they can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time much less operate a $100M budget.

It also sounds like there's a couple of people with alot of insight to some of these things, maybe some poisoning of the well by former board members who caused part of this mess with redistricting?
I think they are managing the media really well. You never hear any stories about redistricting and the number of students impacted.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:02 PM

37 posts, read 20,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocion View Post
I think they are managing the media really well. You never hear any stories about redistricting and the number of students impacted.
Actually I hear about it quite a bit as its discussed on Facebook and Nextdoor sites. Sure, some people are unhappy, that's going to happen with any major change. Some of the folks screaming the loudest about the needs of their individual kids are also the same that call people that disagree with them on anything political snowflakes.

My kids are going to get redistricted as well, no more 45 min school bus rides at 6 something AM to a school 15 mins away they never should have been going to in the first place. Am I upset as the current BOE? Nope, am I upset at the previous for making a blatantly stupid decision in a vacuum? Yes.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Diverting bond funds.
Manipulating the realignment process.
Executing political hits on board members.

Well, maybe the last one not so well.
I assume you're taking about open mouth insert foot Dennis Rape? What's to defend there?

How exactly is getting rid of a good ol' boy dead weight for something he did to himself a political hit?

Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:

How exactly is getting rid of a good ol' boy dead weight for something he did to himself a political hit?
How come not even their puppet masters and toadies are backing that play? Do you happen live in Emerald Lake?

Old 12-12-2017, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Actually I hear about it quite a bit as its discussed on Facebook and Nextdoor sites.
Not the “media” he was referring to I suspect. Our local news coverage is abysmal. They are more interested in chair kicking at BOE meetings. Maybe that was all part of the BOE’s media management plan?

Old 12-12-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Not the “media” he was referring to I suspect. Our local news coverage is abysmal. They are more interested in chair kicking at BOE meetings. Maybe that was all part of the BOE’s media management plan?
Yeah, I don’t consider FB, Nextdoor, or even the ever enjoyable CD media. Where is the CO, Sentendery, Dederick, The UC Weekly, covering this redistricting like they did in the past?

Old 12-12-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
How come not even their puppet masters and toadies are backing that play? Do you happen live in Emerald Lake?
Puppet Masters?

Conspiracy theory much?

Old 12-12-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocion View Post
Yeah, I don’t consider FB, Nextdoor, or even the ever enjoyable CD media. Where is the CO, Sentendery, Dederick, The UC Weekly, covering this redistricting like they did in the past?
The certainly covered the recent BOE drama with Mr Rape. Why don't you call them up and ask them why they're not doing pieces on the year long incomplete redistricting project?

Old 12-12-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
The certainly covered the recent BOE drama with Mr Rape. Why don't you call them up and ask them why they're not doing pieces on the year long incomplete redistricting project?
Amazing right?!? They were there for that! Right where the BOE wanted them to be! So to your earlier question, and I do mean it as a huge compliment, they are very good at managing th media, managing the story to get out what they want to get out.

I have reached out and asked, sadly no response. They covered the 2014 version constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte