U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 11:57 AM

547 posts, read 535,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Town Feel View Post
MB, i am not talking 2 different houses in 2 different locations. I am talking the same house. One day its in PW school district. It gets reasoned to say a MR or Cutty school. You will have a noticeable increase in home value within 6 months, on that basis alone.
Can we just knock it off with the Parkwood bashing all the time? If Parkwood home values are any lower , it is probably because of people like you bashing Parkwood all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 12:09 PM

5,875 posts, read 7,716,388 times
Quote:
MB, if you are directing that to me, I agree. New construction in Parkwood is not suffering. What i indicated earlier was home values are indeed tied to what schools you are assigned to. I used the example of a house in the MRSD. I came up with a hypothetical number of $350K....take that same exact house, and zone it for PW, it would be less. Again, not taking a shot at any school, just stating a fact.
Marvin Ridge has its own district now?

Old 03-10-2018, 12:22 PM

22 posts, read 9,297 times
Quote:
MB, i am not talking 2 different houses in 2 different locations. I am talking the same house. One day its in PW school district. It gets reasoned to say a MR or Cutty school. You will have a noticeable increase in home value within 6 months, on that basis alone.
Can you prove that? Current market conditions disagree, which was my original point.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:33 PM

114 posts, read 89,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Can we just knock it off with the Parkwood bashing all the time? If Parkwood home values are any lower , it is probably because of people like you bashing Parkwood all the time.
The condescension on this thread has gone to new levels at this point.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:34 PM

21,902 posts, read 27,179,065 times
Quote:
Preaching to the choir South....i said in previous posts home values are a prime concern. Some posters don’t want to hear that. I gave examples. Some posters seemed to take offense to that. I will say i have noticed much less outrage this time than last. There seems to be a sense of righting a wrong. I will also say that many of the keyboard experts proclaiming the redistricting of 4 yrs ago that was a victory, are eating some serious crow this time around. With a side of karma....
I don't think that we're on the same page. My point is that people don't like their kids being bussed all over hell's half acre. They buy in a certain catchment because they think that their kids will go there for the duration. Since I don't live there, l won't bash any of the schools. It's the mobility that effects home values for everyone, even you.

Like I said, before the last redistricting, people were hot to trot to move to Union County. People in Union County would go into threads where questions were being asked about schools in Mecklenburg County & brag that Union County didn't redistrict.

Very quietly, Gaston County built a new high school to take pressure off two high schools & filled it, one grade at a time, before it became a problem. They're looking to do the same with building a new elementary school & a new middle school. No, I don't live there, either.

It's the threat of kids being bussed that has an effect on home values more that any particular school. I think that that's what bothers the people who you've accused of revelling in the misfortunes of others.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:14 PM

43 posts, read 16,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Marvin Ridge has its own district now?
Guess you have been out of UC awhile Phils....sure you have, lol

Old 03-10-2018, 01:21 PM

22 posts, read 9,297 times
Quote:
Guess you have been out of UC awhile Phils....sure you have, lol
It has a cluster. MRSD?

Old 03-10-2018, 01:35 PM

43 posts, read 16,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I don't think that we're on the same page. My point is that people don't like their kids being bussed all over hell's half acre. They buy in a certain catchment because they think that their kids will go there for the duration. Since I don't live there, l won't bash any of the schools. It's the mobility that effects home values for everyone, even you.

Like I said, before the last redistricting, people were hot to trot to move to Union County. People in Union County would go into threads where questions were being asked about schools in Mecklenburg County & brag that Union County didn't redistrict.

Very quietly, Gaston County built a new high school to take pressure off two high schools & filled it, one grade at a time, before it became a problem. They're looking to do the same with building a new elementary school & a new middle school. No, I don't live there, either.

It's the threat of kids being bussed that has an effect on home values more that any particular school. I think that that's what bothers the people who you've accused of revelling in the misfortunes of others.
Again, I will agree with you on both points. No parents dont want their kids bussed over hells half acre. Thats what we had 4 yrs ago when they came up with the original plan that sent many people to the 3rd and 4th schools furthest away from where they lived. This last redistricting hopefully corrected that. UC has really good schools, all of them. Awesome schools rated higher than others, yes. Most counties have some sort of disparity between school ratings. Now some of the drama kings and queens on this board will try to twist that into “bashing”. Its not, just stating a fact that some schools are rated higher. I have been to many of the different schools across UC, they are all very good and have dedicated staff looking to always perform well. As far as the people i have called out on here, i am still waiting for answers as to why they took such glee 4 yrs ago and now eating crow this time. My guess is they will deflect and try to run around the edges, but wont respond.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:57 PM

631 posts, read 736,813 times
I must have struck a nerve.

I am impacted this time. Our neighborhood was bounced all over the place in all the drafts created along the way, and our cluster will be significantly impacted. So yes, I do care that other people are manipulating the lives of all these kids here and across the county.

If this were all about "righting a wrong" then the BOE should have just reversed everything back to 2014. Back to the status quo. But they didn't. They took it upon themselves to impact thousands of other people that were untouched in 2014.

Little, I know you weren't moved this time or last time. You've said that about 10 times, and after the ninth it became true. I'm concerned about the kids that have been bounced all over the place in 2014 and 2018.

Weddington Chase is a ping pong ball. Millbridge was split up; so much for the theory neighborhood schools. Highgate was WES, Antioch, and almost Rea View this time. I have no clue what's going on with Providence Road neighborhoods in Waxhaw. Closest school? Not even close. And poor Wesley Oaks. They were ground zero in 2014, so I'm sure they were anxious to get back to their neighborhood school. Isn't that why they all voted and campaigned for Heintel, Maher, and Rape? (I bet they are proud of Denny.) So to "right the wrong" and get them back to their neighborhood school the BOE moved them back to Cutty. I'm sure everyone is now very hap……. Oh wait a minute. They got moved to Weddington. This is so confusing. Where was the outrage this time? They didn't get to go back to their neighborhood school. So the BOE created two wrongs instead of making a right. Strange. Do you suppose property values are higher in the Weddington Cluster than the Cuthbertson Cluster? I don't want to make any more bad predictions.

As I said before, this BOE acted just like the last BOE. They just put prettier bows on their work.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:01 PM

21,902 posts, read 27,179,065 times
Quote:
Again, I will agree with you on both points. No parents dont want their kids bussed over hells half acre. Thats what we had 4 yrs ago when they came up with the original plan that sent many people to the 3rd and 4th schools furthest away from where they lived. This last redistricting hopefully corrected that. UC has really good schools, all of them. Awesome schools rated higher than others, yes. Most counties have some sort of dispar@ ity between school ratings. Now some of the drama kings and queens on this board will try to twist that into “bashing”. Its not, just stating a fact that some schools are rated higher. I have been to many of the different schools across UC, they are all very good and have dedicated staff looking to always perform well. As far as the people i have called out on here, i am still waiting for answers as to why they took such glee 4 yrs ago and now eating crow this time. My guess is they will deflect and try to run around the edges, but wont respond.
I don't remember any of them taking glee. Not one of them.

All schools? Then why are you throw shade on one? Are you good with the schools in Monroe? Every district has some stinkers & some that are better. I wasn't born yesterday.

There are schools all over the area that are rated well. My point is that since the last redistricting, I'm seeing more & more people asking about some of those other places. Stability counts. That's how I interpreted what those other posters have been saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte