Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 09:02 PM

621 posts, read 2,217,901 times

Advertisements

I've searched Glacier locations for the machines, but wondered if anyone knows of a grocery store that has one inside (Lowe's, Harris teeter, etc)? The location of the Glaciers machines are quite a ways away. Obviously, I'm new to the area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 03:54 AM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
Publix has one in Indianland, so I'd assume there's in Ballantyne. 30 cents/gal. Walmart right on the border has one too for 37 cents/gal.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Publix has one in Indianland, so I'd assume there's in Ballantyne. 30 cents/gal. Walmart right on the border has one too for 37 cents/gal.
Unfortunately, the Walmart on the border only has the Primo bottles ($6 per bottle with a $6.99 core charge). I'm not close to Indianland, so that's not a good option for me and the Ballantyne Publix doesn't have a machine. The thing that bothers me most is all these stores allowing Primo to charge ridiculous prices for purified water, when a Glacier machine can provide it for half the price with less work to them. Still stuck buying bottled water from the grocery store, but will update this thread if I find something nearby.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:50 PM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
^^ Indian Land Publix is a 10min drive from the Ballantyne Publix and the Walmart is like 5 minutes. How close you looking to get?

Old 11-29-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
^^ Indian Land Publix is a 10min drive from the Ballantyne Publix and the Walmart is like 5 minutes. How close you looking to get?
For some reason I read "Indian Trail" and found that it's over by Matthews. I will play the newly relocated card here.

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:56 PM

There is also a Kooler Ice machine on 521 in Indianland. It's in the shopping center on the west side of the road, just north of the Publix. I have filled my 5 gallon bottles at the Walmart at their self service machine, it's not in the front of the store, I think it was in the back of the grocery, but I haven't been in there in awhile.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:45 PM

386 posts, read 365,837 times
IF you own your house and plan to stay there a while, installing a good quality, reverse osmosis water filter may be a worthy consideration. Depending on your home, it could potentially be rigged to your kitchen sink, refrigerator, etc. Works great in our home; tested initially and ongoing and tastes as good or better than overpriced bottled water. If you do not plan plan to stay in your house for long, HOA regs limit flexibility, you rent, etc., good luck with your bottled water search.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
IF you own your house and plan to stay there a while, installing a good quality, reverse osmosis water filter may be a worthy consideration. Depending on your home, it could potentially be rigged to your kitchen sink, refrigerator, etc. Works great in our home; tested initially and ongoing and tastes as good or better than overpriced bottled water. If you do not plan plan to stay in your house for long, HOA regs limit flexibility, you rent, etc., good luck with your bottled water search.
Thanks advice! Right now we're renting until we're more familiar with Charlotte, will consider this option when I buy again. Agreed, the water tastes better than bottle water from the grocery stores.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM

8 posts, read 11,723 times
Get RO (reverse osmosis) water from Earthfare, that's the best you can do to your body. You will need your own 5 gallon water containers (you can get from Walmart) or even Earthfare carries them. Bottled water is not fresh. Earthfare has fresh RO water machine.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
There is also a Kooler Ice machine on 521 in Indianland. It's in the shopping center on the west side of the road, just north of the Publix. I have filled my 5 gallon bottles at the Walmart at their self service machine, it's not in the front of the store, I think it was in the back of the grocery, but I haven't been in there in awhile.
Drove by the KoolerIce machine yesterday, this one is just Ice, no water option. Too bad, the last town I lived in had one I could refill my 5 gallon bottles for $1. And someone confirmed for me that the Ballantyne Publix doesn't have one. Going to fill mine tomorrow at Publix in Indianland for $1.50. I'm working there p/t, so it won't be a problem.

BTW, there is quite a difference between the Ballantyne and Indianland Publix stores. Ballantyne is getting a Starbucks and has self checkouts, we have neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte