U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,709,506 times

Advertisements

I would buy a downtown street and build flats, and shops that would look exactly like one of my favorite streets in London. Oh yes, I would have a very authenic pub as well. I would provide room for an Indian, Lebanese, Thai, and Greek restaurant. And to make it really authenic, a fish and chip bar with real animal fat used to cook for the diehards. The only difference would be that the flats would have American standard heating and plumbing. Also, I probably wouldn't eat the fish and chips either. I would also charge American prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 AM

104 posts, read 256,054 times
Smile New Business

I am in the process of starting my own girls clothing line with a logo I have developed. It is based on girls celebrating the sports they play and their hobbies! My line is geared toward girls 6-16. I have been in the retail/design business for years so it is fun to do something on my own!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:19 AM

905 posts, read 3,063,080 times
[quote=vindaloo;2983760]I would buy a downtown street and build flats, and shops that would look exactly like one of my favorite streets in London......]

Ok Vindaloo lets be partners! I was just reading this thread and thinking about my own dream job and our is similar. This has been my "dream" for years.

I would buy up the corner of Central and the Pecan from the RR tracks to the corner and over to Independence freeway. Its across from the Dairy Queen where CVS and Family Dollar are. This has one of the most awesome views of downtown!

I would build a midrise condo building with ground level retail along Central and Pecan. The balance of the property would include more housing and retail. I would make it Euro style in design. Some of the retail would be reserved for independent entrepreneurial businesses. Rents would be on a sliding scale with incremental increases as the business gets off the ground. A portion of the residential units would be considered "affordable" whether for rent or sale. I would also put in a boutique style hotel and a hostel.

Thats it in a nutshell..........looks like Powerball is up to 153 Million maybe I should go play!!! That might get me started!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,816,661 times
Hey Ani, my bf and I were discussing a day spa as well. I even looked into skin care classes at Aveda institute! Maybe we should talk

I know my bf would open a hobby store with rc car tracks and runways for planes, etc..
I would either do a day spa, (I know this will backfire but..) a high end lingerie/adult toy store, or small restaurant (love cooking) and finally something to do with animals.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,857,943 times
My dreams are much less lofty than some of the other posters' ideas!

I would totally give up my day job and work with animals. I know Charlotte has some doggie daycares already... but I think I would really like to do something like that. Dogs are much less judgmental than, say... bosses.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 AM

30 posts, read 89,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Jamba Juice is fantastic!!! I think they are now in Charlotte airport for now, but definalty need to be more in NC. I never like to say what i miss back home but..... i do miss them
ditto!......

Old 02-29-2008, 08:04 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
StM . . . I think you have started a brilliant thread!

Now, it seems to me . . . that if someone could find space w/ low rent in a good location . . . there are several people who have posted on here who would be good match-ups for a "co-op" type business . . . art studio, display area, hand made soaps, children's clothing, day spa, embroidery and hand crafts (knitting/wools), restaurant/open area cooking . . . hmmm.

Very interesting! I hope people will keep posting. Wouldn't it be neat to find a building somewhere . . .

Last edited by brokensky; 02-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: misspell

Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM

51 posts, read 153,005 times
Speaking of Jamba Juice... I had one while visiting family in California a couple of years ago and loved it. I work in Matthews and went to Smoothie King and found it to be pretty similar (as far as adding "extras"). If you haven't tried it I definitely recommend it. YUM!!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 AM

245 posts, read 812,089 times
dry cleaners

Old 02-29-2008, 09:29 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjdaniels View Post
dry cleaners
And add alterations to that, along w/ handling special fabrics, i.e. leather and delicate items, such as lace tablecloths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or