Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 PM

11 posts, read 33,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomom View Post
hi all, does anyone know what the rush hour commute time is to uptown from indian trail? also from any of the other surrounding communities mentioned in this post that would be helpful as well. thks!
Sure....from Bonterra it usually takes us about 45-50 minutes during the school year (leaving about 7:30-8:00 am). However if there are accidents on 74, then it is much longer. It is typically shorter during the summer. We take Idlewild to Independence to get to uptown. Coming back is usually longer, so we usually have to leave well before 5 to pick up the kids by 6:00.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,580 times
Robomom-

I live in Indian Trail and commute uptown. My commute in the morning takes about 25 min but that is at 6am but coming home at 3pm, it takes about 30-40min as 74 is usually backed up a good ways. There is an alternate down Idlewild but if you get behind one person who has nowhere to be, then you can count on 50 min as it took me one day. Its a hit or miss but I would say average 30 - 40 min

Old 03-20-2007, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,911 times
Cool Bonterra

I almost bought a condo in Bonterra Village--simply because I have been riding for 14 years (I am 24). I am very glad that I didn't. First, when I went out there, I loved the neighborhood, etc. However, the homes are to the point where they are overpriced. That neighborhood is a real estate bubble about to burst. Those who bought in there very early can make money. However, now, they want to sell a 1500 sq ft condo for over 200,000. It's hard to make a profit on that.

Also, my FIRST trip out there, as one who has been around horses since the age of ten, and worked at several barns, the first time I drove by that barn I turned to my friend in my car and said, "There are WAY too many horses there for the size of that place." I don't think I have ever seen such a small pasture for a barn...not even the barn I rode at during the summers I was with my dad in New York City!!

Lastly, I know second hand from someone who was extremely involved at Bonterra barn and is now at my barn, that the facility will remain open. As far as I was told, 9 horses will be allowed. I think that it will take a while to "rebuild" that place (in terms of people), and many disgruntled people have landed elsewhere.

Anyway, best of luck to you all in life, houses, and horses!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 AM

2,714 posts, read 2,215,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
Robomom-

I live in Indian Trail and commute uptown. My commute in the morning takes about 25 min but that is at 6am but coming home at 3pm, it takes about 30-40min as 74 is usually backed up a good ways. There is an alternate down Idlewild but if you get behind one person who has nowhere to be, then you can count on 50 min as it took me one day. Its a hit or miss but I would say average 30 - 40 min
Indian Village may still be an option then. leaving around 6 AM is our usual time. Now coming home will be 5 or later. My jobsite will be just South of I-277(on HWY. 74), so is this considered Updown-Downtown or what.?

Old 03-21-2007, 03:30 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,580 times
Reuben-You are in the same area I am. I bear to the right and stay on Independance rather than merge onto 277-I work right off of S Kings Road. I don't think that is quite uptown, someone I work with who is from here says they consider it midtown. To me, its uptown compared to Indian Trail. Coming home between 4 and 6 is the worse on 74. But depending which side of 74 you move to, there are backroads. I use Idlewild quite a bit. But no matter what happens, you cannot get lost, every street brings you back to a familiar landmark. But it is easy to get into the bad sections, been there done that. When that happens just haul tail it outta there. LOL. Good luck and I love it in Indian Trail

Old 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina gardner View Post
Do not even think about buying in Bonterra. I live here. We had to move our horse. Too many problems with the barn. The HOA is ridiculous. I had more freedom living with my parents when I was 12.
Gina, I understand you are obviously unhappy with your situation in Bonterra, but continuing to post the same thing over and over again in different threads may cause people to blow you off as just a disgruntled person, especially when you post these comments in threads that have nothing to do with Bonterra!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:45 PM

21 posts, read 73,541 times
Most people do not have time to read other threads. I wish someone had put info. about Bonterra before I purchased my home. If you read the threads they are asking or giving info. about Bonterra Village. Houses cost too much to not have important info. revealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte