U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:53 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,029,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddler52 View Post
Ani, one other thing: thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view.
Buddler, I appreciate your input on the discussion, as well. This forum is a great place to exchange ideas . . . and great fun b/c everyone comes w/ different perspectives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM

175 posts, read 138,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Bull****. Living in Charlotte is what you yourself seem to be settling for. I've used this example almost as many times as I've seen people post about the job situation here: You can't make me like liver and onions for dinner when I'd rather have a cheeseburger. If you don't like Charlotte you can't make yourself like it because, hey...life is what you make of it. I learned that whole thing that life is what you make of it is pretty much a load of crap. I couldn't make myself like it here no matter how hard I tried. There's no crime in saying, "Hey...it just didn't work out".

That's why my place is nearly all boxed up and ready to go back home. It didn't work out.
I for one will sorely miss your angry rebuttles. Seriously. You can take the boy out of NJ...

Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,327,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl34 View Post
I for one will sorely miss your angry rebuttles. Seriously. You can take the boy out of NJ...
You are not the only one who will miss Brian

He's a fave of mine around here too! But I want him to be happy and I'm glad he's taking steps to be where he wants to be. I admire him for doing that instead of just staying in Charlotte and complaining or ragging on the city all the time. LOVE YA BRIAN!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,711,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayla007 View Post
What has happened with MY car is MY experience in Charlotte. I don't have to defend what happened. It happened. I live in SW Charlotte . Was told by the police that Honda's were the number 1 stolen car in the area. I lived in an apartment without the luxury of a garage.
Your car was stolen five times. Do you leave the inside light on in your car at night with the engine running and a sign that says "Steal Me!". You seem to be carrying a lot of hostility. Sorry that you have been selected by a higher authority to be the one with bad luck and other problems. Hope things work out for you.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,711,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Surprised at the low wages quite honesty.I mean every state has a min. wage but to, to many jobs start out that way here its ridiculous. Like mentioned on another thread, ( and i am NOT one) the wage for example for a waiter or waitress, is horendous to be less than min. wage to begin with.I mean come on,thats absurdTips should not be factored in.And yes, we were one of the dumb ones who came without jobs i'll admit it! We had the financial means for a while its the overall pay we did not research.
I was surprised that once when i went to "GAG" Lion or is it Food Lion?? grocrey store one early Sunday morning , i was so full of energy up and moving,i was buying some grocreys for my big dinner i was planning on making and "OOPs" did not know you could NOT buy wine before noon on Sunday!
Something i never dreamed about that has become routine, my white rocking chairs out front sitting outside in the summer with the neighbors chit -chattin away.Also never had seen a screened in porch before, now i have one
Fried pickles and shrimp and grits, yum, yum.Happy discoveries!
I've grown fond of the Cicada ( sp?) chatter in the summer., i just DONT want to see them flying around thats all! love the lake,need and want a boat very soon though.
Disapointed i have to buy a ton of Tri-Tips at Costco when i go home because that cut of meat is so hard to find!
Dont miss the Calif. fog all summer long, i am not bothered by the humidity and like that i can wear shorts and flipflops all summer long and can actually put away my winter sweaters in the summer the way your suppose too!
Surprised that people tell me i speak "proper sounding english" and I say "you guys" instead of Y'all.
So as you can see overall, its been good !!
Gotta tell ya, I believe half of minimum wage is paid to waiters/waiteresses everywhere. I know that it is here in Florida and when I worked as a waiter in Minnesota, Nebraska, and Florida. The thing is that I ususally made a tremendous salary based on my tips. And, as far as not buying booze before 12:00, that is livable to me. I sometimes am so hung over before noon anyway that the thought of booze makes me sick.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,165,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are not the only one who will miss Brian

He's a fave of mine around here too! But I want him to be happy and I'm glad he's taking steps to be where he wants to be. I admire him for doing that instead of just staying in Charlotte and complaining or ragging on the city all the time. LOVE YA BRIAN!!!
He should let us know when he'll be moving back to Charlotte. We'd welcome him back with open arms.
And Brian, bring ShopRite back down with you.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM

55 posts, read 145,589 times
Auburn!!???
I didn't realize cows were so cordial... LOL!

I had to take that shot, it was like a pretty, new golf ball sitting on a tee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpiro View Post
If it is anything like Alabama, I'll enjoy. I am overwhelmed by the hospitality whenever I visit Auburn.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
He should let us know when he'll be moving back to Charlotte. We'd welcome him back with open arms.
And Brian, bring ShopRite back down with you.
I want to weigh in - and ask for a ShopRite, too! I think it would be a great hit here!

I will miss Brian, too. . . . but as Loves said . . . we do understand that you have to do what is best for you, Brian!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:57 PM

889 posts, read 2,846,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Gotta tell ya, I believe half of minimum wage is paid to waiters/waiteresses everywhere. I know that it is here in Florida and when I worked as a waiter in Minnesota, Nebraska, and Florida. The thing is that I ususally made a tremendous salary based on my tips. And, as far as not buying booze before 12:00, that is livable to me. I sometimes am so hung over before noon anyway that the thought of booze makes me sick.
Not Calif. They make min. wage plus tips.
No complaints on not buying wine before noon, just did NOT know the law existed to begin with.
I am slowly learning the ropes around here

Old 03-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Not Calif. They make min. wage plus tips.
No complaints on not buying wine before noon, just did NOT know the law existed to begin with.
I am slowly learning the ropes around here
Keep posting with questions - we will try to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or