U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2017, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
924 posts, read 1,854,552 times
Reputation: 374

Advertisements

There are no rentals of any type listed associated with that elementary school in MLS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2017, 03:33 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,883 posts, read 27,151,555 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
There are no rentals of any type listed associated with that elementary school in MLS.
However, that doesn't mean that there are no rentals. Rentals go very quickly & it's common to just put a sign up in front of the house. They are usually grabbed within a week. There has been a shortage on apartments in complexes. There is a for rent sign in front of a house that's, maybe, 3 blocks from the library.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2017, 06:12 PM
 
10 posts, read 9,375 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I'm surprised that posters who don't live anywhere near here are sending you information.

Bethware is outside of the city, in Kings Mountain Twp. The elementary schools go through 4th grade. 2 of the city elementary schools have been named Blue Ribbon schools, which is a federal honor. If you want to be west of the city, but still in the Kings Mountain HS area, I would suggest that you take your friend up on the RV offer, long enough to find a rental. The newest apartment complex has a huge waiting list & will be expanded, but not soon enough for you. Without knowing your child's age or grade, it's difficult to give you specific information that is customized for you, which seems to be what you want. Based on that, I would say that if your child is close to or ready for the intermediate school (grades 5 & 6), that could play into advice. Once a child hits Intermediate School, the students combine from all 5 elementary schools, including Grover & Bethware.

Kings Mountain has its own library, downtown, Kings Mountain residents are eligible for free library cards for the Gaston County library system. The main Gaston County library in Gastonia & the Kings Mountain library provide programs for all ages. You want to be on the Cleveland County side of Kings Mountain for schools, though.
Thanks. My son will be in prek and start K in the fall. Good to know about Grover, I was curious which district it fell into. Kings Mountain schools seem to be the best around.

We will either do RV or an extended stay hotel. I contacted about month to month rental and that's not an option, as I figured, but extended stay in Shelby is $1200 a month. Not ideal, but not interested in renting a house for a year before buying so that's our options. The only problem will be his prek school will not be his kindergarten school, but with such a short time frame, there aren't many options. Appreciate your advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2017, 08:19 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,883 posts, read 27,151,555 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyjaz View Post
Thanks. My son will be in prek and start K in the fall. Good to know about Grover, I was curious which district it fell into. Kings Mountain schools seem to be the best around.

We will either do RV or an extended stay hotel. I contacted about month to month rental and that's not an option, as I figured, but extended stay in Shelby is $1200 a month. Not ideal, but not interested in renting a house for a year before buying so that's our options. The only problem will be his prek school will not be his kindergarten school, but with such a short time frame, there aren't many options. Appreciate your advice
The area around Bethware is rural-ish, as is the Grover area. While the area around Bethware is closest, for the commute to Shelby, the 3 elementary schools in the city won't be a significantly longer commute. All things considered, I'd suggest that you check all 5 elementary schools in person before you make a final decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2017, 06:36 AM
 
10 posts, read 9,375 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The area around Bethware is rural-ish, as is the Grover area. While the area around Bethware is closest, for the commute to Shelby, the 3 elementary schools in the city won't be a significantly longer commute. All things considered, I'd suggest that you check all 5 elementary schools in person before you make a final decision.
Will do...moving in two weeks so I'll set up tours for all the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,883 posts, read 27,151,555 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyjaz View Post
Will do...moving in two weeks so I'll set up tours for all the schools.
FYI, East Elementary & West Elementary have been named as Blue Ribbon schools. Set up the tours & take a copy of the IEP with you. You might come out of it convinced that Bethware is best for your son, but you might have a totally different view. None of the 5 would make or break the commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top