U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 AM

65 posts, read 200,020 times

Advertisements

yeah but as you know,,the was on record as one of the hottest summers ever here,,so its unusal, and not all those months were that steaming hot,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 08:40 AM

65 posts, read 200,020 times
ok,,ofcourse your going to be a bit nervous,,my kids were 2 and 3 when we moved here,,perfect timing on that,,as far as those communites,,we wanted somerset, just couldnt find anything available when we were moving,,we like hunter oaks too,,but somerset is a great one! just into the union county boardline just south of ballentyne (btw also a real nice and popular area in cahrlotte), , great schools in somerset and hunter oaks,,those 2 communites are right across from each other,,also they just built a huge shopping center there called blakley shopping right up the road, and stonecrest another nice shopping center isnt far at all either,,dont know the other 2 communites u mentioned..

Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 AM

9,585 posts, read 8,893,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EX LI'r View Post
yeah but as you know,,the was on record as one of the hottest summers ever here,,so its unusal, and not all those months were that steaming hot,
Yea I know it. I just stay inside in the afternoon. No doubt May and September can be very nice with some hot days, but June through August is no better then December through February up North to me. Eh, its all in what you can handle I guess, and as they say, it is what you make of it.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,199,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yea I know it. I just stay inside in the afternoon. No doubt May and September can be very nice with some hot days, but June through August is no better then December through February up North to me. Eh, its all in what you can handle I guess, and as they say, it is what you make of it.
This last summer was truly not typical, but anyone who had to endure it . . . it definitely made being outdoors quite uncomfortable at times. It felt a lot like being in Florida in the summer - you just don't get out that much in the day, use A/C and when outdoors, wear cotton or linen clothing and hang around pools as much as possible.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,730,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
This last summer was truly not typical, but anyone who had to endure it . . . it definitely made being outdoors quite uncomfortable at times. It felt a lot like being in Florida in the summer - you just don't get out that much in the day, use A/C and when outdoors, wear cotton or linen clothing and hang around pools as much as possible.
You are right. Last summer was not typical. I was up visiting and staying uptown in a hotel. It was so hot that I had to buy a fan for the hotel room. The thermometer was 107 for about two days. It was a all time record. I believe this was in July, but it was ridiculously hot. I live in Florida and I know hot. I also know that it is better in Charlotte as Charlotte at least gets some cool nights. We don't down here.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,455,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy321 View Post
That's good to hear. My wife and I are planning to go down there this April to look at some areas. We are from NJ and always hear so many negatives about northerners moving down there.
Jimmy321, We are originally from Jersey too. Everyone has been soooo nice. Even after we won the Super Bowl!!!!!! They do tease us about squeezing the bread, but they just don't understand.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM

175 posts, read 139,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
well I live in Charlotte ..... and i do love the winter, but its not JUST August in the summer , its May, June, July, August AND September....was like a blowtorch here last year.
The other thing about the heat here compared to NYC is that it starts really early in the morning and goes much later in the evening than it does in NYC area. It's definitely more intense but as someone pointed out, everything in Charlotte is air conditioned.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,722,117 times
Many ways to cool off in Charlotte.

Carowinds Water Park, Rays Splash Planet (Indoor water park Uptown), Mecklenburg Aquatic Center Uptown, 3 lakes (Lake Norman, Mountain Island Lake & Lake Wylie).

Or just drive for a day trip to our beautiful mountains. You can best bet that if it is 95 in Charlotte...it is 75-80 in the NORTHERN mountains of NC!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,588,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Many ways to cool off in Charlotte.

Carowinds Water Park, Rays Splash Planet (Indoor water park Uptown), Mecklenburg Aquatic Center Uptown, 3 lakes (Lake Norman, Mountain Island Lake & Lake Wylie).

Or just drive for a day trip to our beautiful mountains. You can best bet that if it is 95 in Charlotte...it is 75-80 in the NORTHERN mountains of NC!
Many of us belong to our neighborhood pools Ahhhhhhhh.....

Old 03-13-2008, 06:35 PM

148 posts, read 506,507 times
Hi Mike! We too are from Long Island and just sold our home. Finally after 3 years of contemplating a move, we are headed for Waxhaw! Yeah! I am a RE Broker and hopefully will continue to do RE in NC. My husband is moving w/o a job. He hopes to find something once we are living there. You say there are plenty of jobs but other posters say that they are scarce. Do you know something they don't? We would love to contact you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte