U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM

819 posts, read 2,331,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Just a small correction...LoveMountain's is a she
Oops! Sorry LoveMountain's. No disrespect intended ... I just never knew. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM

29 posts, read 93,369 times
hey anaifani821 are u in healthcare? I've been a tech for almost 9 years with experience in Ct and Mammo. I've done research on salaries in NC and truthfully they would not be to different than what I am making here in NY. I am underpaid here, but I stay in my facility because of the good benefits, pension etc. I am basically looking for something parttime, hopefully that is an option. The only thing that makes me leary is that I know NC Radiologic Technologists are not licensed. Here in NY we are licensed and certified. I don't know if that effects the job market being that they could train the secretary to take x-rays at a reduced salary. I look on the hospitals websites for job openings and there always seems to be something. I know health-care is a good place to be as far as finding jobs.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:55 PM

7,045 posts, read 7,002,885 times
Default Any Newcomers Except Northerners?

Is anyone moving to Charlotte from someplace besides NY or NJ? Any midwesterners and southerners? Californians?

A mix would be nice!

Old 03-31-2008, 05:06 PM

16 posts, read 25,878 times
Default Us too--We moved from Colorado a year ago!

LOVE it here. I just want to hug all the trees. Out West it just seems so desolate, barren, and brown. I love this city!

Beth

Old 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM

889 posts, read 2,851,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Is anyone moving to Charlotte from someplace besides NY or NJ? Any midwesterners and southerners? Californians?

A mix would be nice!
Im from Calif. ands have recently noticed quite a few licence plates from there

Old 03-31-2008, 05:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,632,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinfromColorado View Post
LOVE it here. I just want to hug all the trees. Out West it just seems so desolate, barren, and brown. I love this city!

Beth
You can come over all my trees except my Weeping Cherry Tree ( I am enjoying the blooms) and my dogwoods (the flowers are about to sprout open) but the other trees you can hug and shake all the pollen out of them while you are at it.

I am glad you like the beauty of the area.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM

65 posts, read 200,035 times
StayWarm, well thats one of the great things about this city, there are quite of few folks from the west coast and the even middle of the country. Since i meet many new folks almost daily with my biz, i would say that i met new people from at least half of the states in the USA here, from all around, not just the northeast,,

Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,596,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaborti View Post
hey anaifani821 are u in healthcare? I've been a tech for almost 9 years with experience in Ct and Mammo. I've done research on salaries in NC and truthfully they would not be to different than what I am making here in NY. I am underpaid here, but I stay in my facility because of the good benefits, pension etc. I am basically looking for something parttime, hopefully that is an option. The only thing that makes me leary is that I know NC Radiologic Technologists are not licensed. Here in NY we are licensed and certified. I don't know if that effects the job market being that they could train the secretary to take x-rays at a reduced salary. I look on the hospitals websites for job openings and there always seems to be something. I know health-care is a good place to be as far as finding jobs.
Not sure why you think all rad techs aren't licensed? All the ones I know sure are! Any luck on a job yet?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,205,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaborti View Post
Jaborti - so sorry - just noticed this post!!!! I am in healthcare management and marketing. You will make a decent salary here. RadTechs are not licensed by the state here (altho that will be changing soon, it appears) but no one will hire you unless you have graduated from an approved program. (Well, if a person has military training - perhaps a doc's office would hire that person). Last time I looked, Rad Techs were making something like - $14 to maybe $27/hr. THen you add on your other expertise . . . does that compare to what your pay scale is in NY?? Bennies here are good . . . lots of job opps for your qualifications!

You wont have any problem landing a job here . . . and the salary may be competitive w/ what you are getting now . . .

Again, sorry that I did not respond sooner - I had just missed this post! Good luck as you make your decisions!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,205,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not sure why you think all rad techs aren't licensed? All the ones I know sure are! Any luck on a job yet?
Yeah, you are not gonna get a job unless you are licensed . . . but the state does not require licensure in order to practice, if you can imagine that! However, that is rapidly changing in the states that don't require it . . . I don't know anyone who isn't licensed, either, Loves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte