Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 05:10 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

I just saw on the Today Show something about a shooting at UNC..What's going on with that??? This stuff is getting out of hand!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 05:41 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
No, not a school shooting. It took place off campus and appears to be a random act. While her body was found in a quiet neighborhood, there are a plenty of thug-types and not so safe areas in Chapel Hill. It wouldn't surprise me if it was gang related and they picked off someone in a nicer neighborhood. Very sad.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,657,526 times
Have you noticed, though, that it seems eerily similar to the shooting of the female student at Auburn University?

Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
Student's Murder Shocks Chapel Hill (http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/525620.html - broken link)

Quote:
"This is the kind of event," said graduate student Abbey Thompson, "that shakes a campus to the core."

It was the second time a crowd of students met Thursday to remember Carson, whose body was discovered about a mile away early Wednesday. The 22-year-old senior from Athens, Ga., had been shot multiple times, including once in the head, police said.

Officials said there are no suspects and no arrests had been made.

"We have lost someone whom we cherish and love," university Chancellor James Moeser told a crowd on the school's Polk Place quad earlier in the day. "We're all in a state of shock."

Old 03-07-2008, 06:36 AM

371 posts, read 1,102,171 times
As a fellow Tar Heel, I was shocked by this news yesterday. Of course, my first reaction (like a lot of other), is what kind of monster is capable of doing this? But as I looked at the pictures from yesterday's memorial service, I was reminded of how much this University and it's leaders mean to the students. I have NEVER seen that many people on the quad at one time. It is a true testament to how Eve Carson lived her life. May we all strive to be the kind of person she was, then maybe senseless acts of violence will slowly start to disappear. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and her Carolina family today, we have truly lost one of our "brighest stars".

Old 03-07-2008, 09:42 AM

55 posts, read 161,202 times
Looks like they have come out and said this morning that at least early indications are that this was a random violent act. That is pretty scary considering that they shot her multiple times. Very sad story for a girl that appeared to have a lot of potential and a bright future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte