U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2006, 01:17 PM

11 posts, read 53,396 times
Smile Average bills

Can anyone tell me what the average power,water,cable bills are. I've searched google to find information but nothing is current. Just trying to get a feel for the difference in cost before we make our move to NC. My bills here in Florida are $100-125 year round electric,$147 for combo pack internet, cable,phone,$100 water all of these are monthly. Do these amounts seem to be the same as yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 PM

44,311 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kids View Post
Can anyone tell me what the average power,water,cable bills are. I've searched google to find information but nothing is current. Just trying to get a feel for the difference in cost before we make our move to NC. My bills here in Florida are $100-125 year round electric,$147 for combo pack internet, cable,phone,$100 water all of these are monthly. Do these amounts seem to be the same as yours?

Monthly electric for a 1500 square foot home is $125. Extended cable (a step above basic cable) and internet access is $91.00 a month. Water bill, which covers water, storm water runoff and trash pickup is approximately 50. a month.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:35 AM

So far it seems that cost are about the same. Your gasoline is .10 cents cheaper. YEA! We are so looking forward to seeing the Indian Trail and surrounding areas. We can't wait to leave the city that we live in and find a more country feel for home. We will be up this coming weekend. Can't wait.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,932,896 times
My bills from last month (Nov) in a 2100 sq. ft. home in Concord (to the nearest $): Direct TV $54; water/electricity $86; gas $79; phone/cell phone $49. Costs depend on a lot of things, including weather patterns, personal habits, # of people in the home, how often someone's home, quality of insulation, ect.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:23 AM

Thanks to all who have responded. Couple of other questions. Does all Indian Trail residents recieve a water and sewer bill or is it one bill combined? Also Is most of the homes in the older subdivisions heated by electricity or gas? We will be up on Friday to stay for a couple of days so we can get a feel for the areas. We lived in Upstate NY all of our lives, moved to North Florida 4 years ago and can't wait to see if NC is anything like NY is. Quite, family focused,neighborhoods where your kids can play basketball . Change of seasons but not to the point where you are trapped in your house during the winter because it 20 below zero. BRR!!. I hope NC is what i hope it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte