U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:55 AM

686 posts, read 1,414,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I would love to see a Chanel. Not just the department in Neiman Marcus.
Me too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 02:03 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,866,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnc View Post
Sounds like fake numbers to me.
I'm sure it has increased by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherman11 View Post
What kind of stores would you all like to see at South Park? Do you think Charlotte will ever see ultra luxury brands like Cartier and Dior opening?
Gucci, Zara, BVLGARI, Cartier, FENDI, and Topshop are all great choices for the mall. The Dick's Sporting Goods store has had its 15 minutes of fame, but the real estate it sits on is too valuable for such an underwhelming brand.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:22 PM

1,452 posts, read 992,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post

Gucci, Zara, BVLGARI, Cartier, FENDI, and Topshop are all great choices for the mall. The Dick's Sporting Goods store has had its 15 minutes of fame, but the real estate it sits on is too valuable for such an underwhelming brand.
BVLGARI would be a big coup for a city the size of Charlotte to land. Scottsdale, Las Vegas, and Orlando are the only cities outside the 10 largest metros in the USA to have a BVLGARI (heavy tourism from overseas in Vegas and Orlando). Boston, Seattle, Denver, San Diego, Portland, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc.... all haven't landed BVLGARI.

TopShop would be a nice win too, but they seem pretty happy distributing in the USA through Nordstrom. They only have 10 stores in the whole country.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:44 PM

185 posts, read 224,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post

The Dick's Sporting Goods store has had its 15 minutes of fame, but the real estate it sits on is too valuable for such an underwhelming brand.
I disagree. It adds variety to the mall and it's convenient for folks who live right in the area. There's nothing else close where you can buy sporting goods at a decent price.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:44 AM

653 posts, read 514,798 times
There's another Dick's Sporting Goods 10 minutes away across from Carolina Place Mall.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:48 AM

3,435 posts, read 4,307,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDcc123 View Post
There's another Dick's Sporting Goods 10 minutes away across from Carolina Place Mall.
Actually that Dick's Sporting Goods in Pineville is planning to takeover the Macy's space IN Carolina Place Mall rather than remain across the street. Apparently Macy's was not originally planning to close that store, but that property was more valuable for the real estate.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,452,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
TopShop would be a nice win too, but they seem pretty happy distributing in the USA through Nordstrom. They only have 10 stores in the whole country.
In the UK, TopShop is no more glamorous than H&M. Is it held in higher regard Stateside?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or