Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM

62 posts, read 217,908 times

Advertisements

What are your favorite restaurants from I-77 Exit 23 to Exit 30 that you go to often? Skip the big chains like Chili's and Olive Garder type.

We like Red Rocks, Dressler's, Brick House, Mia Famiglia and go to them often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,195,491 times
EZ Fusion, Las Breezas.... Red Rocks was good.. they have the Kobe Steak for only $89.99. Oh, I got the New York Strip.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:24 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,516,515 times
Love Mickey & Mooch...but it can be quite loud!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:29 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,844,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilbert View Post
What are your favorite restaurants from I-77 Exit 23 to Exit 30 that you go to often? Skip the big chains like Chili's and Olive Garder type.

We like Red Rocks, Dressler's, Brick House, Mia Famiglia and go to them often.
There was a popular biker place at which I ate a few weeks ago. The place was in Liverpool off of Catawba Ave. The sandwiches were phonominal. They were huge and flavorful. Good place for going informal and reasonably priced. I also really enjoyed the Indian restaurant at The Green in Cornelius. the vindaloo (notice the name similarities) was as good as I have ever eaten in the many Indian restaurants at which I have eaten in London. The restuarant options seem excellent between Davidson and Huntersville. Can't wait to be a full time resident of Cornelius. I will be joining the health club to burn off caleries.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
Exit 23
I am really impress with
Just Fresh in Torrence Crossing.
The concept and quality is excellent. The staff is very friendly the food was delicious.

Luipies.
A great laid back atmosphere. The staff is always on top of their game.
For the few times I have been there I only recommend their burgers the rest taste like high school cafeteria food. I do not recommend going there on a date the burgers are really large and piled with alot of stuff it can get quite messy. Excellent burgers though just ask for plenty of napkins and a fork.

Exit 28
I have no quirks with
Acropolis
very large dining area with a very extensive menu selection. Greek Italian, American it on there.

Cook House
is the best place for quality, quanity, service at great prices.
Excellent southern menu with about everything southern you could ask for. I love their pickled cucumbers and it only place I know that serves banana pudding as a vegatable.

K&W Cafeteria.
I have yet to go to this place and have any quirks with it except for the Cafeteria ladies but I have learn that their pushy style is to keep the line going and it makes me grab dishes I do not have enough room to eat.
Excellent southern menu and everything is always fresh.

Exit 33
The Soda Shop
great place for a lunch time burger in a nostalgic enviroment

Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Love Mickey & Mooch...but it can be quite loud!
We went there once. My wife found pieces of glass in her salad. Will never go back because of that.....and as you say it was very loud in there.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM

Almost forgot 131 Main between exit 25 and exit 28.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:57 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,516,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilbert View Post
We went there once. My wife found pieces of glass in her salad. Will never go back because of that.....and as you say it was very loud in there.
Don't blame you at all! That is scary!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:13 PM

170 posts, read 641,605 times
Acropolis has a great Greek Salad, exit 28!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:14 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,690,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
There was a popular biker place at which I ate a few weeks ago. The place was in Liverpool off of Catawba Ave. The sandwiches were phonominal. They were huge and flavorful. Good place for going informal and reasonably priced.
Mac's across for Waltrip's shop is what I think you are referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte