Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,227 times

Advertisements

....I'm going to be coming down to the area on a short vaca in the next few weeks and wanted to get some ideas of where to look for real estate and (or a rental for the short term) over a few days to get an idea of the neighborhoods. Recently took a new job that allows me to live anywhere and I have been burning to get back south from MA ever since I left school.

Any chance I good get some input on some areas to look to move into while I am in town? Some broad criteria are 30 something, IT professional - enjoy the golf and really just need to be around 30 minutes from CLT and relative quiet as my home will be my office. Any good eats and easy amenities are a bonus.

Sorry if this is rehashing a beaten threads, but the way I figure it, you all can get me pointed in the right direction quicker than powersurfing the internet for charlotte real estate. Feel free to send direct messages if you like , or just hit the thread.

Thanks way in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 AM

62 posts, read 218,936 times
Try Birkdale in Huntersville. There are apartments, and homes of varying sizes. Public Golf Course. Birkdale Village is a nice shipping and dining area. Less than 10 minutes to Lake Norman. Great area.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:59 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilbert View Post
Try Birkdale in Huntersville. There are apartments, and homes of varying sizes. Public Golf Course. Birkdale Village is a nice shipping and dining area. Less than 10 minutes to Lake Norman. Great area.
I have to agree. Huntersville is a nice area, close to Charlotte, but plenty of shopping, restaurants...etc. right there without having to leave Huntersville. Crime statistics are much lower than Charlotte.
Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius...are all good choices for a safe area to live.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:55 AM

672 posts, read 1,830,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I have to agree. Huntersville is a nice area, close to Charlotte, but plenty of shopping, restaurants...etc. right there without having to leave Huntersville. Crime statistics are much lower than Charlotte.
Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius...are all good choices for a safe area to live.
I second that notion, Huntersville, Cornelius, Matthews, Ballantyne, Fort Mill, SC, all great locations with low crime Good luck!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks to those that have responded so far. You have given me some great starting points! looking forward to more opinions!

Best regards!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
If you give us a price point, we will be able to suggest specific subdivisions as well

Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
You can just google "corporate apartments Charlotte, NC" and find a few companies that offer short term rentals, including fully furnished places with all utilities included (even cable and internet access) and paid for in the rent. We need about two months between relocating and closing and had to do this to find a place to stay. More expensive than a regular apartment, but does allow for leases as short as one month.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 AM

Price point would be 1200-1400/month, but could scale depending on the places.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
I would try Uptown for rent and/or Huntersville to buy. Apts in Huntersville aren't all that great, but great place to live. You could also rent in the Mallard Creek area west of 85 and get a good sense ofthe area.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:03 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Another vote for Birkdale Village. You might also want to look into apartments off of Catawba Avenue as that will put you on or across the street from the best lake in NC!

Also, lots of golf, peace and quiet yet in the middle of all entertainment and dining if that suits you.

Lowest crime in Mecklenburg too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte