Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 10:00 AM

160 posts, read 203,055 times

Advertisements

Has anyone bought a car at Hertz (South blvd) location and how has the car worked out if you bought one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 09:45 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,113,405 times
I worked for Hertz back in high school at the old Charlotte airport back in the 70's. We ragged the heck out of those cars. So did Avis and National employees. Not to mention the people renting them. They aren't the best treated cars. You can usually get decent deal buying a used rental car, but have it checked out by your mechanic (not the Hertz mechanic).

Old 03-28-2017, 07:04 AM

391 posts, read 398,121 times
On the other hand, these cars normally have their oil changed at regular intervals and are checked and repaired when needed. Additionally, they are still under full warranty usually. I have purchased used cars from rental companies in the past and my experience has been very positive. Be sure it is under warranty and have it thoroughly checked out by an independant mechanic. It is possible I may have just been lucky.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:13 AM

160 posts, read 203,055 times
Thank you all for the info. I read somewhere that the warranty is not honored by the manufacturer if it was once a rental car. Is this true? I don't recall which make but probably need to call a honda/toyota dealership. Anyway I think after doing some research, I am leaning towards a used-car from a dealership. Any thoughts on Carmax?

Old 03-28-2017, 07:15 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,916,896 times
We have bought a couple of former rental cars, the old stereotype of former rental cars is long gone. It's too expensive, a scratch will cost the driver at least $500 and the optional insurance is outrageous, nobody buys it anymore. Most people drive a rental better than they drive their own car. Factor regular maintenance, cleaning, and repair, you can get a good deal on a gently used car, if you know the comps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte