U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:33 PM

205 posts, read 303,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1229 View Post
Good points, NC/SC. I ended up getting 85 per windwo from Guardian and CPI did 75 per window. I don't know how that fares down that way but seemed reasonable to me. CPI will also do the whole house wiring that we want. Now we have to find a good fence contractor.
Sounds like you did good. I am kind of suprised they didn't try and sell you a wireless system. I don't think there is anything wrong with them, I just prefer wired so there are no batteries to mess with. If you are satisfied with your service throughout your contract period, don't forget to ask for an upgraded panel and keypads when the contract is up if you don't mind renewing your contract. An alternative could be to negoiate a lower monthly rate and keep the same equipment. Many people just go month to month after the contract ends when they could have upgraded or reduced the monthly fees since they are continuing to pay anyway. Good Luck on the fence, I dont have any suggestions there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
GPS

36 posts, read 69,644 times
Quote:
Guardian and CPI -- folks we are dealing with now -- seem to be about similar in price. I've heard good and bad things about both. CPI seems to have been here for awhile, Guardian is newer.
Actually, overall, Guardian has been in business far longer. Guardian started in 1950, but we moved to Charlotte about 4 years ago, so I see where you would get that impression.

Quote:
Good points, NC/SC. I ended up getting 85 per windwo from Guardian and CPI did 75 per window. I don't know how that fares down that way but seemed reasonable to me. CPI will also do the whole house wiring that we want. Now we have to find a good fence contractor.
Is the home already built or are you working with the builder side?

As for a good fence person, I like Premier Fence & Deck. All around nice people there.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 AM

57 posts, read 153,917 times
No home is not built yet. Going to break ground in about three weeks. Thanks for the fence recommendation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte