Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Delete post

Last edited by brokensky; 03-06-2008 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: delete post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 PM

61 posts, read 75,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Your dryer!!!!????? <swooning; pass me the smelling salts, please>
Oh yes. Our neighbor told us he saw a snake writhing up our outside wall and I thought he was crazy. I opened up my dryer a few hours later and found it and I will never be right.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:24 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,078,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynsmom View Post
Oh yes. Our neighbor told us he saw a snake writhing up our outside wall and I thought he was crazy. I opened up my dryer a few hours later and found it and I will never be right.

This is definately cause for nightmares of untold repetitions....I'm shivering in my seat reading that...I have to ask, do you now open the door slowly with a stick in your hand???????? OMG...the whole visual is just >>>>>>> uggggggggggggghhhhhh

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,078,373 times
Quote:

This is definately cause for nightmares of untold repetitions....I'm shivering in my seat reading that...I have to ask, do you now open the door slowly with a stick in your hand???????? The visual is so unnerving

Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 PM

382 posts, read 1,887,536 times
please leave the snakes in Arkansas!

and i'm just curious, of all places what made you think of Charlotte if you've never even been to NC before?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Okay. That does it. I love doing my laundry! I am never going to be able to stick my hand into a dryer again!

I have heard a lot of crazy and scary-but-true stuff . . . and for me . . . this is as bad as it gets.

I assure you . . . just hearing this . .. "I will never be right" again, either.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 PM

672 posts, read 1,830,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. That does it. I love doing my laundry! I am never going to be able to stick my hand into a dryer again!

I have heard a lot of crazy and scary-but-true stuff . . . and for me . . . this is as bad as it gets.

I assure you . . . just hearing this . .. "I will never be right" again, either.
Hee hee...ani you can come do my laundry any day of the week, besides we can fight off those snakes together.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 PM

3 posts, read 5,952 times
ok, i am new to this. I plan on moving to Charlotte as well after March 2009, once I sell my house. I'm from Maryland......and I am absolutely afraid of snakes. I am truly rethinking this idea (NOT)-but, I had never heard about the SNAKE issue. Thanks to yall I will look further into this. Anyway, I will be coming to Charlotte next week March 12-15 to look around....I am a black female 45....and lookin for somewhere to hang out on Friday night. Can someone please advise on the hotspots to hang for blacks.....nice spots....Thanks a bunch. Also, I have done extensive homework on living areas and yes I have heard that Union County is very nice and low in taxes. But, yet I am looking for nice diversfied suburban area....

Last edited by crazy4shoes; 03-06-2008 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: added information

Old 03-07-2008, 03:03 AM

161 posts, read 464,524 times
Of course it's idea to move with a job. I have been in Raleigh 7 mths from NY unemployed an it's not easy here in Raleigh either. I have been temping and it has helped. I took a job at a law firm here in Raleigh and passed up two interviews in Charlotte because of it and one mth later they let me go. They decided to bring back a previous employee and since they are small they did not want to pay two salaries. I was doing both reception/secy lots of medical transcription and I felt I was doing a good job. They gave me a letter of reference written by a senior partner that was nice of them to do and they would help in anyway they could. Most firms want applicants right away and don't want to deal with the waiting for people to relocate and all that goes wrong with it. If there is an applicant already in the state that is their preference even if they like you. Current residents take priority and natives too.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 AM

61 posts, read 75,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4shoes View Post
ok, i am new to this. I plan on moving to Charlotte as well after March 2009, once I sell my house. I'm from Maryland......and I am absolutely afraid of snakes. I am truly rethinking this idea (NOT)-but, I had never heard about the SNAKE issue. Thanks to yall I will look further into this. Anyway, I will be coming to Charlotte next week March 12-15 to look around....I am a black female 45....and lookin for somewhere to hang out on Friday night. Can someone please advise on the hotspots to hang for blacks.....nice spots....Thanks a bunch. Also, I have done extensive homework on living areas and yes I have heard that Union County is very nice and low in taxes. But, yet I am looking for nice diversfied suburban area....
I surely didn't mean to imply that snakes are an issue in Charlotte! We had black snakes all over our yard in NJ!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte