Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,651,579 times

Advertisements

Mayor Roberts' two main opponents reach possible deal | Charlotte Observer

Wow. Things are fierce within the Democratic Party. What do y'all think? Any ideas on who might win the primary?

Has Edwin Peacock said that he plans on running again? If so, who else is running on the Republican ticket?

It's nice to see that voters have choices. May the best candidate win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 06:37 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Cannot conceive of Roberts getting a single vote!

Old 04-27-2017, 11:12 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Mayor Roberts' two main opponents reach possible deal | Charlotte Observer

Wow. Things are fierce within the Democratic Party. What do y'all think? Any ideas on who might win the primary?

Has Edwin Peacock said that he plans on running again? If so, who else is running on the Republican ticket?

It's nice to see that voters have choices. May the best candidate win
Does anyone really think any Republican can win Charlotte again? Despite the last two mayors' performances, it will be lock-step obedience at the booths.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Cannot conceive of Roberts getting a single vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Does anyone really think any Republican can win Charlotte again? Despite the last two mayors' performances, it will be lock-step obedience at the booths.
It's interesting to note that one of the key writers of HB2, Dan Bishop, won south Charlotte after having involved himself with that bill.

In what was surprising to me, a good segment of Charlotte trends bright red...

Old 04-27-2017, 12:55 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,148,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Does anyone really think any Republican can win Charlotte again?

Only if Roberts win the primary. Seems like the democrats are smart enough to not let that happen.

The mayoral election is a little unusual in that it doesn't take many votes to win. In 2015, turnout was only 8.7% or registered voters. Anyone that can get 5% of the electorate behind them is virtually guaranteed to win.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:00 PM

79 posts, read 84,594 times
Charlotte has had a very bad run at mayor since McCory left, Peacock didn't lose by much, what was it, 2 or 3 points? Just looked it up, it was 4 points, still, Roberts vote total was only 52%, not exactly a land-slide.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacon4 View Post
Charlotte has had a very bad run at mayor since McCory left
+1

I know I am going to get flack for saying it, but am I the only poster who thought that Patrick Cannon came across as thoughtful, moderate, and experienced? It's a shame that he made a few bad choices early on in his career.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:54 PM

45 posts, read 90,384 times
Yes, you are the only poster.

Patrick Cannon is a con-artist, liar, swindler, and snake-oil salesman of the highest order. Its much more than just a few bad choices. He not only put a negative spotlight on the entire city, he also opened the door for hack Jennifer Roberts.

Nick Mackey is in that camp also.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:56 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
+1

I know I am going to get flack for saying it, but am I the only poster who thought that Patrick Cannon came across as thoughtful, moderate, and experienced? It's a shame that he made a few bad choices early on in his career.
They weren't bad choices, they were federal crimes. A bad choice is eating to much cheesecake, not accepting thousands in bribes.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:05 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanvu View Post
Yes, you are the only poster.

Patrick Cannon is a con-artist, liar, swindler, and snake-oil salesman of the highest order. Its much more than just a few bad choices. He not only put a negative spotlight on the entire city, he also opened the door for hack Jennifer Roberts.

Nick Mackey is in that camp also.

I agree.

Sadly, I believe Cannon will run for office again soon and some people will vote for him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: