U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 01:12 PM

21 posts, read 65,821 times

Advertisements

Bonterra is family oriented and nice looking. Needs more for the tween age child. They are always asked to leave our public areas. It is not so much the outside I have a problem with as it is the way (especially the HOA) treats many people. I lived in a neighborhood that had an HOA and never encountered the problems I have with this one. Gina
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 03:26 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,641,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina gardner View Post
Bonterra is family oriented and nice looking. Needs more for the tween age child. They are always asked to leave our public areas. It is not so much the outside I have a problem with as it is the way (especially the HOA) treats many people. I lived in a neighborhood that had an HOA and never encountered the problems I have with this one. Gina
So its an HOA problem???

Welcome to the club my friend!

Seriously though, Bonterra is probably no different than any other subdivision w/an HOA. You will find people who despise them and some others who like them....

I've had major issues w/how our HOA operates....that's why they have meetings every month. I try to get involved as much as I can to make change for the better.....if you don't speak up things won't change.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM

CouponJack- You are right about that. Plus speaking negatively is not helping my resale value. I moved my family from Lake Park.(1 mile away). In 8 years I never had a problem with the Lake Park HOA. I am surprised I have had problems here.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 AM

23 posts, read 79,807 times
The reason you never had a problem with the HOA in Lake Park was b/c they were extorting all the homeowners money.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 PM

Default Hoa

I never heard that before in Lake Park. Our dues were much less and never went up in 8 years in LP. Bonterra has had the neighborhood dues disappear. Since that happened it is under new management. Gina

Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,662,578 times
Default I have friends

looking to move there just trying to figure out what the problem is with the HOA and neighborhood. You can pm me if you like!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:00 AM

8,723 posts, read 7,930,882 times
Have you been to the development, MJ?

My wife and I looked at it, but it seems to be out in the middle of nowhere and they haven't developed the "retail" area of the development, yet. Some of the houses/floorplans are really great, but not what we're looking for. We prefer to have more things available to walk to. About the only thing you can walk to is the clubhouse or the stables at Bonterra. Hopefully that will change with the retail area of the neighborhood, but that's my impression of it now.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:16 AM

28 posts, read 48,168 times
Gina-
Can you tell me what your criticism is of Bonterra Village? Thanks.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:04 PM

539 posts, read 1,311,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicerack View Post
Gina-
Can you tell me what your criticism is of Bonterra Village? Thanks.
You realize that this thread is 2 yrs old.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 10,128 times
not sure if anyone is at this forum anymore, but we are looking at a home for sale in Bonterra and would like any feedback as to what you know about the by-pass as well as anything else. We are part of a HOA but a very small subdivision where it is not so "legalized" if you know what I mean. We heard the entrance will be affected but wonder if there is more not being said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or