Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:50 PM

604 posts, read 653,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
Let us know where you find an inhabited place that has no crime, airplanes trains or litter.
Singapore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 04:04 AM

547 posts, read 774,473 times
Fine. She can move to Singapore or possibly Antarctica.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:49 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
The Crossings area off Moss. Was broken into two weeks ago and my daughters stuff stolen, I was in the parking lot of Rivergate when the drive by happen in Dec.. only a few stop lights from the Food lion shooting a few weeks ago, then the Peach Stand murder which is about 5 miles away that happen the day after the food lion shooting. Not to mention the murder at the convenience store the week or so we moved here . Lets add the obscene amounts of litter in the area all along the roads, beggars, and constant airplane noise. To top it off the train that blows through about 5 times a night between 12-4 am and blows its horn 4-5 times a min every 20 mins or so from those times. I don't know what people are talking about. This is NOT a nice area, sorry. I was told over and over it was a great area to raise a family and I do not see it AT all.
I don't believe you were told (at least on C-D) it was a "great" area, it was recommended as a decent area that was still somewhat affordable. If I remember correctly you only wanted to spend something like $1100 for a SFH rental, correct?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:38 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I don't believe you were told (at least on C-D) it was a "great" area, it was recommended as a decent area that was still somewhat affordable. If I remember correctly you only wanted to spend something like $1100 for a SFH rental, correct?
No we didn't need a SFH. I was recommend this area by a lot of moms on Charlotte moms FB groups. I had assumed if anyone would know what a family needed it would be other moms within the area. . They raved about it honestly. Even my sister moved here based on recommendations.. Clearly I won't be taking their opinion on anything anymore. We pay more than $1100 a mo but we are in a town home.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
1. How often does a drive-by happen in rivergate?

2. Break-ins can happen anywhere? Your dreaming if you think they don't

3.The Peach Stand Murder was in FORT MILL not STEELE-CREEK

4. I don't live near the train tracks but surly you KNEW that when you moved in the area? Why would you chose a place even near train tracks?

Again I've been living in my area for six years and have YET to hear a police-siren at night and we have some of the BEST neighbors around. Sure I have a security system and it's yet to go off because of a break-in.
So to condemn the ENTIRE area is ridiculous!! But like the other poster said let us know where this GREAT-UTOPIA is that your moving to!!

1. I wouldn't know how often they happen.. i've never lived in this state before.

2. I lived in Fla for 34 years.. was never broken into one time.. nor were my parents or any person I've known there.. ever.. I live here 6 months and already broken into.

3. I live only a handful of miles from The Peach Stand. I am right over the boarder. I was in the store less than a week earlier with my daughter when it happened..scary

4. I had NO IDEA there was a train that came through here BECAUSE I'VE NEVER LIVED IN THIS STATE BEFORE. I hadn't even been to Steele Creek before. We were slated to move to Lake Norman area but last min had to change.. We moved here sight unseen due to husbands job location.In fact neither the real estate agent, landlord nor management company EVER mentioned a train ran literally parallel to our community. Clearly I would not have picked it had I known this. .. I feel like I've said that multiple times....

I'm glad youre so special that you aren't experiencing some of the issues we are. Must be so lovely to sleep at night in peace and quiet and not hear the slew of airplanes, trains and sirens I hear all day and night. Don't worry though we are working as hard as we can to go back to where we came from. The min the right job offer comes we are gone. We have no qualms breaking our lease or work contract with my husbands job to do so. It wasn't perfect there but it was a hell of a lot better than we've found here. I didn't realize someones experience and opinions on a place were right to be criticized and told they're wrong on here.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:58 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Quote:
1. I wouldn't know how often they happen.. i've never lived in this state before.

2. I lived in Fla for 34 years.. was never broken into one time.. nor were my parents or any person I've known there.. ever.. I live here 6 months and already broken into.

3. I live only a handful of miles from The Peach Stand. I am right over the boarder. I was in the store less than a week earlier with my daughter when it happened..scary

4. I had NO IDEA there was a train that came through here BECAUSE I'VE NEVER LIVED IN THIS STATE BEFORE. I hadn't even been to Steele Creek before. We were slated to move to Lake Norman area but last min had to change.. We moved here sight unseen due to husbands job location.In fact neither the real estate agent, landlord nor management company EVER mentioned a train ran literally parallel to our community. Clearly I would not have picked it had I known this. .. I feel like I've said that multiple times....

I'm glad youre so special that you aren't experiencing some of the issues we are. Must be so lovely to sleep at night in peace and quiet and not hear the slew of airplanes, trains and sirens I hear all day and night. Don't worry though we are working as hard as we can to go back to where we came from. The min the right job offer comes we are gone. We have no qualms breaking our lease or work contract with my husbands job to do so. It wasn't perfect there but it was a hell of a lot better than we've found here. I didn't realize someones experience and opinions on a place were right to be criticized and told they're wrong on here.
You have a tendency to present your opinions as facts. If you actually presented them as opinions, it would be ok.

Wouldn't your sister have known about the train, airplanes and sirens if they are an everyday occurrence? She lived there before you so you'd think she would have noticed it and told you about it.

The bolded says it all.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:32 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:

On this board you didn't get told to move to Steele Creek, yet you continue to present it as such. You were told to look at Belmont & the SE quadrant of Gastonia, before you moved. After you started complaining, bitterly, & this was brought up, & you asked for no assistance, then posted a perfect description of the worst section of west Franklin Blvd in Gastonia & presented it as if the entire city looked like that, which is totally false. Then you posted something about Belmont that did not describe the area that you said that you had been to. Do you think that your posts give you much credibility with us? Then you come into threads started by people who don't know the difference & spread your stories. Suddenly you act like you're a victim when people who know better pile in & say otherwise.

I live 3 blocks from a railroad intersection & have no problem with trains overnight, & it's the main line from Charlotte to Atlanta & carries the Crescent as well as freight trains overnight. As was already said, your sister was already there & knew where the train & the airport were. If she didn't tell you it's on her, not us.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
Thanks Riley and Southbound-I'm under the impression she just does NOT like N.C. period regardless of where she lives. If that's the case it's fine but don't knock an ENTIRE neighborhood when there are people who have lived there longer than she has(me being one of them) and have a better idea than she does of the area. I'm pretty sure I know the train she's speaking of and if it's where I'll bet it is then that train does NOT run every night!! only on occasion!!! And I don't know where she's lived in florida that she's NEVER had any problems!! she doesn't give us an idea of what city she's from.
You're welcome. Steele Creek is a big area & needs a lot of time to sort things out, to get what someone wants. I don't live in Charlotte so had no intention of even reading this thread until I saw that she was posting. I had a fairly good idea what it would be, & wasn't far off.

We used to have a native on this board who lived in Steele Creek. She said that she was perfectly happy with where she lived, but there were other areas where she would not live. It's like everywhere. Good & bad.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
On this board you didn't get told to move to Steele Creek, yet you continue to present it as such. You were told to look at Belmont & the SE quadrant of Gastonia, before you moved. After you started complaining, bitterly, & this was brought up, & you asked for no assistance, then posted a perfect description of the worst section of west Franklin Blvd in Gastonia & presented it as if the entire city looked like that, which is totally false. Then you posted something about Belmont that did not describe the area that you said that you had been to. Do you think that your posts give you much credibility with us? Then you come into threads started by people who don't know the difference & spread your stories. Suddenly you act like you're a victim when people who know better pile in & say otherwise.

I live 3 blocks from a railroad intersection & have no problem with trains overnight, & it's the main line from Charlotte to Atlanta & carries the Crescent as well as freight trains overnight. As was already said, your sister was already there & knew where the train & the airport were. If she didn't tell you it's on her, not us.
Belmont is an old seemingly half abandoned industrial down as you drive in. At least where we came in. It was less impressive than Steele Creek. I have no idea what you're talking about as to why that would be a recommendation. It has one road of downtown stores half a mile long if thats"impressive". Its too far of a drive from my husbands job, hence why we are where we are.

Where my sister lives there are no trains and shes one neighborhood from SC. Much farther than I am from the planes and trains. It doesn't matter, my husband and I are not even closed to impressed to what we've discovered while living here... we have in as many apps as we can possibly get in add more every day.

If mile long stretches of this type of filth that I see on the daily is what you consider impressive and makes this place "beautiful" then so be it. If you're happy with that good for you. I know better. I've never seen such grossness as I have here.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Belmont is an old seemingly half abandoned industrial down as you drive in. At least where we came in. It was less impressive than Steele Creek. I have no idea what you're talking about as to why that would be a recommendation. It has one road of downtown stores half a mile long if thats"impressive". Its too far of a drive from my husbands job, hence why we are where we are.

Where my sister lives there are no trains and shes one neighborhood from SC. Much farther than I am from the planes and trains. It doesn't matter, my husband and I are not even closed to impressed to what we've discovered while living here... we have in as many apps as we can possibly get in add more every day.

If mile long stretches of this type of filth that I see on the daily is what you consider impressive and makes this place "beautiful" then so be it. If you're happy with that good for you. I know better. I've never seen such grossness as I have here.
Again, no one who is familiar with Belmont could figure out what you were talking about. It's possible that you stumbled into another town. You were told that by several people. I have a suspicion that you might have stumbled into Cramerton. That downtown is nothing to write home about, but it's still a nice town with good schools.

Posts on this board are archived. When you post things that are not right, people will correct what you've posted. Just like the description that you posted of Gastonia. I knew exactly where you were. It's a part of Gastonia that I tell people to avoid like the plague. It's going to be nice in a few years but it's an area to avoid now. There's another part of town with nice shopping & and another area that looks just like most suburbs on the east coast. But you didn't ask for directions, then made a post as if where you ended up was representative of the whole city. Then you act like you're a victim when people correct you.

Like I said before, I live ~3 blocks from an intersection with the main Norfolk Southern line from Charlotte to Atlanta. It's a busy line & l almost never hear the trains. They mute the horns at night, no matter which train company's trains are coming through town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte