U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:24 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,477,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynsmom View Post
Several Cuban restaurants have tried but closed within a year or two.
I remember the last one. We went in & they seated us behind a screen. No one came over to give us menus or ask about drinks, so we got up & walked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,727,475 times
I failed to see where "South" Charlotte was specified. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
There are good bagel, bakeries, and delis in Charlotte. I have been all over the world. They are as good as anywhere. What exactly are you looking for in a bagel, bakerie, or deli that you can't find? The bagels I have had taste as good as those I have eaten that have been blessed by the rabbi, and the deli at which I remember eating was as Kosher as any at which I have eaten in NYC. As far as bakeries, I don't really look for them. Too fatening. I would bet they are there if looked for? Fifteen years in San Francisco, New Yorkers were crying that you can't get a good bagel in S.F. so Noah opened Noah's bagels. I know that Noah and/or Einstein's (about the same) are in Charlotte. There used to be a deli on Elizabeth Ave. that was genuinely Kosher. These places are there.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,808,251 times
Uptown needs a great health food takeout/dining restaurant--nothing in the area with this being the only focus. Oh, how I miss The Pump in NYC. Great food at reasonable prices.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:58 AM

195 posts, read 482,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joce-joce View Post
I would like to know what type of businesses do you believe would improve life in South Charlotte?
Funny how this went instantly to food. I would love to see an outdoor french bakery/coffee shop (non-smoking) with outdoor fire pits for the chilly nights.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:04 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,483,543 times
A true place to get a good curry would be wonderful.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 AM

777 posts, read 2,277,538 times
A concept like The Flying Saucer in the university area.

South Charlotte is SOOOO lacking a good "just a bar with great beer selection". I love the Flying Saucer and their 200 beers...too bad it is 30 minutes away. Now that Mellow Mushroom closed up, there is no place with that kind of beer selection anywhere around South Charlotte.

The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com

Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 AM

241 posts, read 814,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
A concept like The Flying Saucer in the university area.

South Charlotte is SOOOO lacking a good "just a bar with great beer selection". I love the Flying Saucer and their 200 beers...too bad it is 30 minutes away. Now that Mellow Mushroom closed up, there is no place with that kind of beer selection anywhere around South Charlotte.

The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com
I totally agree with this...I haven't been to a flying saucer but if anybody is familiar with The Yard House, that would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or