U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:12 PM

145 posts, read 85,277 times

Advertisements

This would be a great addition! I definitely approve. Being from Philadelphia originally we have three shake shack locations up there and I used to love it.

Now if we could only get Wawa down here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 01:22 PM

2,143 posts, read 2,611,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I like Culver's. Good quality. They are supposed to be opening one in the University area, and they have a location down in Fort Mill across from Carowinds.

Would also like to see a Roy Rogers. Nice new locations are opening in Virginia, Maryland, and New jersey. Also good quality roast beef, burgers, fried chicken.
Yes, there is one at the IKEA.

Shake Shack is fine, nothing crazy extraordinary. Reminds me of all the "celebs" and the like that have to have In-n-Out when they go to Vegas and post on their social media about it. I gave it a try and was wholly underwhelmed. It's fine, but again, nothing extraordinary. Both do have very dedicated fan bases though so some folks would be excited.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:58 PM

21,868 posts, read 27,133,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdez View Post
This would be a great addition! I definitely approve. Being from Philadelphia originally we have three shake shack locations up there and I used to love it.

Now if we could only get Wawa down here too.
WaWa I'd love to see them come down. They went to Florida instead.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I like Culver's. Good quality. They are supposed to be opening one in the University area, and they have a location down in Fort Mill across from Carowinds.

Would also like to see a Roy Rogers. Nice new locations are opening in Virginia, Maryland, and New jersey. Also good quality roast beef, burgers, fried chicken.
I hope you get a Roy Rogers. I used to prefer Kenny Rogers, though. Arthur Treachers was good for a change of pace, too.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:40 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
WaWa is great but I believe they skipped from Virginia down to Florida because of QuikTrip in the Carolinas and Georgia. Which I think QT is very good also. But the return of 7-11 has not been that impressive by comparison.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:50 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
I hope you get a Roy Rogers. I used to prefer Kenny Rogers, though. Arthur Treachers was good for a change of pace, too.
They just opened a new Roy Rogers in Gainesville, Virginia last week. There is a video on a Central New Jersey news site as they are also planning more locations again in that state as well. There is an interview with one of the corporate owners as well as customers explaining the excellent food quality and brand loyalty. It would certainly be nice to see Roy Rogers eventually return to NC.

But back to topic, it would also be great for Shake Shack to come to Charlotte. But so far the corporate spokesperson is not confirming the speculation. Although it had been previously reported they were considering Charlotte or Raleigh before HB2 came along. Now since that issue is basically resolved, perhaps plans can proceed.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:18 AM

1,366 posts, read 1,102,510 times
Watch your waist lines Charlotte. We have a Shake Shack here in the DC metro area. It's soooooo good!! Fattening but very good. And the milkshakes are heavenly!

Old 05-29-2017, 04:14 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,761,043 times
I love Shake Shack! I hope they come this way soon. Culver's is cool, but I prefer SS.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:11 PM

145 posts, read 85,277 times
Quote:
Well they're in Virginia so maybe one day they'll venture down a little further!

Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdez View Post
Well they're in Virginia so maybe one day they'll venture down a little further!
The closest WaWa is in Petersburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte