U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:09 PM

755 posts, read 2,242,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Do you have any pics of your displays that we could see?

eta: This was our house in Charlotte. I didn't get any pictures of our house here in Columbus, but I really wish I had. We actually had someone knock on our door on Christmas night and compliment our lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:55 PM

I guess no one appreciates my lights. Oh, well. I love them very much.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:09 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,336,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
Actually, I LOVE them

They are very tastefully done and make me smile just to look at them!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

1,401 posts, read 1,705,355 times
Quote:
Those look great! I do appreciate people who go to the trouble of elaborate decorating for others to enjoy.

Although I help decorate my neighborhood entrance, I usually don't decorate my own house -- partly because I'm lazy and partly because I celebrate Christmas with out-of-town family. I enjoy THEIR decorations.

Most people don't decorate outside in my neighborhood. I don't think anyone cares. They just enjoy the decorations of those who do.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,447,438 times
Quote:
I think your lights are beautiful!!!! Thank you for the glimpse of Christmas' past. I think I'll have a Baileys.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,828,993 times
LOL Doorway. I love the lights too. I can't wait to decorate my first house for my first Christmas in it. Even when I rented, I always did lights and little yard figurines to be festive! Did I tell you guys I CANT WAIT!!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,034,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL Doorway. I love the lights too. I can't wait to decorate my first house for my first Christmas in it. Even when I rented, I always did lights and little yard figurines to be festive! Did I tell you guys I CANT WAIT!!
Weedy - the pix are wonderful! Himain - you will have great fun!

Now let's remember how much we have enjoyed Weedy's pix . . . and come November . . . we need to start a thread and upload pictures of our houses w/ the decorations!

And to the OP - no one will think anything about it if you don't want to decorate, but you may find it is so festive to see the lights at nite, you may change your mind!!! I just love the way things glow all over my neighborhood . . . lifts my spirits in the dark of winter.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,828,993 times
Yes lets do that for sure

Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
and come November . . . we need to start a thread and upload pictures of our houses w/ the decorations!

And to the OP - no one will think anything about it if you don't want to decorate, but you may find it is so festive to see the lights at nite, you may change your mind!!! I just love the way things glow all over my neighborhood . . . lifts my spirits in the dark of winter.
I'm in!

I think that you should only decorate when YOU want to do it. It's super fun for me, but I think that would change quickly if I felt an obligation to do it.

We had neighbors in Charlotte who did Halloween UP! People would drive from all over to come to their house on Halloween. They were even on Nickelodeon once. No one else in the neighborhood did anything even close, we just enjoyed theirs.

Then it got to be too much of a burden, and they started doing it every other year. When it's not fun, the motivation goes away.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:08 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,784,853 times
Weedy, I like your lights...love the mix of multicolor & white! Himain, I couldn't wait to decorate for my 1st Christmas here either! It was so much fun!!! I had been saving decorations for years that I couldn't use in NY, I swear, they took up half of the moving truck! LOL!!

I'm limited to what I can do outside because my house has a steep slope in front, but I do have polar bears skiing down them! Inside is another story...each room is decorated a bit differently & I have 3 trees & villages. There's alot of sparkle & shine, but it's not over done.

I decorate for Halloween, too, both outside & inside. Very spooky & creepy. Right now, my dining room table is dressed for Easter & I have an Easter tree. Yeah...I have way too much free time on my hands, LOL!!

The point is...HAVE FUN!!! Decorate to YOUR hearts content, especially if it makes you happy & brings a smile or 2 to someone else.

Ditto the photo's for next Christmas! Is there a way to do a photo album on this site??

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte