Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 02:58 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff of London View Post
The thing about Cornelius is that people from New York have told me that it reminds them of Long Island. You are in a much more peaceful place than yet you are only a short drive away from the action. It is a great area up on the lake, but it is not partyland but there is a good social crowd that hit the brew houses, restaurants and Berkdale. It is definately a great get away. I would look at Southend or uptown as well. I am also fond of the Elizabeth, East Boulevard area, Selwyn, and Park Road /Montford area as well.

As far as Tampa, it is a great city and has Ybor as a tourist trap and some cute Cuban stuff, but seriously not a party town, per se. It is probably one of the greatest places to live if you have children with Busch Gardens, etc. If you have to go to Florida, check out Panama City Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami Beach (overrated), St. Augustine or Jacksonville beach.

In all honesty, I would just move into Charlotte. There is so much going on and it is only going to get better. People from Florida are moving here. There is a reason somewhere.
You're absolutely right, I moved from PC to the Charlotte area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 03:06 PM

344 posts, read 245,003 times
I've lived in FL and loved it - at the time. If it was me, I'd move. I do think Tampa is a good area although east coast near Miami (also some other places) might be a better choice. I totally get the thing about "slow" - makes me crazy as well! Why don't you research some areas in FL and then rent for 6 months or so before making commitment and buying a place?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:11 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-SSiPP View Post
You're absolutely right, I moved from PC to the Charlotte area.
Delta, I am curious...what led you to move from Florida for North Carolina?

Old 06-28-2017, 08:47 AM

54 posts, read 49,846 times
Move to Florida you can't beat the beach. That's where I'd move if I wasn't stuck here for a 1 and a half. I absolutely loved it there and you find plenty to do. Also the traffic is actually the same and certainly not as bad as NY (to say least).

Old 06-29-2017, 06:00 AM

391 posts, read 402,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfoxer View Post
My sister lives on Harbour Island, in downtown Tampa. She really likes it there but traffic is horrendous there. All the bridges to St Pete and the beaches are often clogged with traffic. It took us an hour just to cross the W Gandy Blvd Bridge one Friday coming from St Pete back into Tampa. Granted, this was about 5pm rush hour but she said the bridges are often backed up like that. Ybor City is a really fun area. It can get quite chilly there in Jan/Feb. I was there visiting back in Jan 2016 and the temps dropped in the 30's. Hardly seemed like Florida. But like the previous post says, people are moving here from FL for whatever reason. I think a lot of it has to do with expectations. They think moving there automatically will make there like better. Personally, I could never live anywhere in FL. My Pop lived in Boca Raton for the last 30 years before his recent passing. It's a beautiful area but the people are rude and love to honk their horns.
Driving is a nightmare and the bad thing about the coastal cities is that you have to use#19 with millions of traffic lights and congestion and no alternative routes hardly. There is a good reason that they call Charlotte the "half back city." It is because so many northerners are unhappy with Florida but don't want to move back home (up north) either. The only part of Florida I would ever consider would be the panhandle or what used to be called the Redneck Riviera.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:55 AM

10 posts, read 7,773 times
Not single but have a single friend with a home in Huntersville that years ago decided to get a condo in uptown where he can walk home from the bar scene and just rent out his home. Worked out great for him.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:13 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Delta, I am curious...what led you to move from Florida for North Carolina?
Sorry for the late reply, it was just time for a new scenery and wanted to move to a bigger city, so it came down to Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte and the Queen City won out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte