Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:12 PM

195 posts, read 538,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally Kari, if I were moving to an area I was totally unfamiliar with 3000 miles away I would want to hire a realty firm that was well established, well known in the community and well regarded by that community. Smaller realty's have some very fine realtors I'm sure - but they are also harder to find things out about from a distance, and thus "riskier" for the out of town buyer.
I completely understand what you are saying, though I do believe the risk is equal as far as "the firm" is concerned.
It's good advice on the foreclosure rate. Whether you are buying or renting you must be careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 03:35 PM

9 posts, read 13,578 times
Well from what i'm told isthat these are brand new homes that have never been lived in.But this could very well be one of those neighborhoods,and not being there is the hard part. Not only that our time frame is only 4weeks.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLOGGINS View Post
Well from what i'm told isthat these are brand new homes that have never been lived in.But this could very well be one of those neighborhoods,and not being there is the hard part. Not only that our time frame is only 4weeks.
My best advice to you is this - research the schools, decide on the one or two you would like to see your children attend, THEN find a place to rent in a neighborhood that is assigned to those schools. Good schools almost always have good neighborhoods. This will make deciding where to live in such a big metro area much easier.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks that is the best advice I've gotten during this whloe process.And to everyone Thanks again

Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
Quote:
First let me start by saying hello to everyone. My husband was just offered a position in Charlotte with a large company. We currently live in San Diego, CA and would obviously need to relocate. We are African American/Black or whatever you’d like to call it (I hate labels), and have children in both high school and grade school. We currently live in a very racially and religiously diverse community. Our community is also a very low crime golf community (almost no crime to speak of). We are looking for a similar environment in Charlotte. I was told that Sonoma Estates in the Belmont/Mount Holly area is a good place to live and is a very diverse community which is what I’m looking for. Is there anyone here who might live in or has knowledge of this area?

Wow were looking to back to SD from Charlotte. Hot humid summers here.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:55 PM

Does anyone know where to find infomation on foreclosure rates in the charlotte area?

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know where to find infomation on foreclosure rates in the charlotte area?
This link may be of help. Basically though we have more foreclosures now than ever before (we are also larger now than ever before), our rate is still at only 1.5% of all homes in Charlotte in foreclosure. This is very good compared to most other major markets. The foreclosure problems in Charlotte are primarily in a handful of starter neighborhoods where buyers were unscrupulously encouraged to buy when they weren't really qualified.

DETROIT, STOCKTON, LAS VEGAS POST HIGHEST 2007 METRO FORECLOSURE RATES

Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM

This link will also show you a map of where exactly the foreclosures in Mecklenburg County are:

Charlotte Observer | Sold a Nightmare (http://www.charlotte.com/523/ - broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,731 times
What would you like to know about Eastfield Meadows? Its located near the intersection of Eastfield Road and Prosperity Church Rd. Decent enough area. Some homes have gone through foreclosure. Diverse area. Relatively safe area. Minutes from Huntesville and Concord and the University area Not sure about the schools as they may have been reassigned.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:49 PM

105 posts, read 375,965 times
Hi Kloggins, in what neighborhood do you live in? I am moving to San Diego in September and am having the hardest time finding the "right" community for me and my 2 daughters. I have been researching various towns (Scripps Ranch, Poway, La Jolla) in the hopes of finding an area where there is a representation of other african americans. The areas I listed are 7% or less when you look on wikipedia. Can you offer any suggestions on your neighborhood and others that have very good schools, low crime, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte