U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:06 PM

135 posts, read 463,648 times

Advertisements

I am a self made dollarnaire, no big foot prints on the world yet, well except Im a Marine, served one tour in Iraq with a buddy in 2005, went to Western Carolina University for 2 yrs, then transfered to East Carolina and graduated with a degree in construction managment 5 1/2 yrs of college later and NOW looking for work ! I am among the unemployed.

To the gentleman thats leaving his work to take care of his wife I salute you and thank you for the being the real man that you are !! God has a plan for you and your wife and just put your trust in him !! You will be in our thoughts and prayers !! Life is never easy or fair at times and I have learned many things along my way to becoming a young adult. I've done alot with myself in the 26yrs I've been around and look forward to making more of difference in this world and helping others.

Serving our country is a true honor and an opportunity to give back. I have been so blessed in my life and being in the Marines has been an awesome experience. I can't wait to get my life started and a career rolling and continue my commitment to the Marines. Anyone hiring ???? What an AWESOME Post ! Sorry I wrote alot ! So interesting I read everyones post !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 AM

29 posts, read 75,596 times
This is the first thread I've read, and first I've posted to Very interesting!

For a living I am the general operations manager for a manufacturing company. For my life I'm the mom of a toddler and wife of a "weekend warrior" in the NC National Guard.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 AM

3,819 posts, read 5,202,263 times
I teach 5th grade in Rowan County.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM

28 posts, read 90,283 times
I am a teacher assistant in the Mooresville Graded Schools and my husband owns a window cleaning business!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:04 PM

155 posts, read 297,214 times
Default cool thread

Wow, this is a cool thread...
I am a stay at home mom, and a full time college student (aspiring to become a teacher!)

Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 PM

11 posts, read 38,007 times
Ditto the kudos for the gentleman leaving his job to take care of his wife. My thoughts will be with you on this journey.

I am a teacher for students with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD and other co-morbidities.

I also work for some of the aforementioned "bosses" - the ones who pay in kisses and hugs - truly the most difficult job in the world!

My husband is in IT.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,122 times
Looking to relocate and continue my career in the Direct Marketing field

Old 03-23-2008, 12:35 PM

1,455 posts, read 3,651,094 times
I install lawn sprinkler systems.

I've been working for the same company in metro Detroit for 15ish years. Last year they decided to have a go at it here in Charlotte. They started by shuttling people back and forth from the Michigan company for two-or-three-week stints, but when I came to finish off the year, I liked it. I've pretty much stayed. Since November of last year, I've been in Michigan for about two weeks, and here the rest of the time.

It's been a pretty slow go -- ever try selling sprinklers during a watering ban? -- but things are starting to look up, especially now that some cities have eased their watering restrictions. I'm sure the company isn't making money on this yet, but they are very successful in Detroit and I'm confident they can make it work here, too.

Either way, I'm staying. A year or so before the company decided to try things in Charlotte, I started chatting and emailing and phoning with a young lady I met on the internets. A young lady from Charlotte. So I used my vacation last year to come down here and meet her. It went quite well. As in, I'll-be-marrying-this-woman well. So when my bosses asked if I was interested in coming down here for a couple weeks, I said no. But I told them I'd be glad to come for the whole winter. Now, I'm thinking more in terms of forever. I spend a lot of time hoping for rain.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:39 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,680,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I install lawn sprinkler systems.

I've been working for the same company in metro Detroit for 15ish years. Last year they decided to have a go at it here in Charlotte. They started by shuttling people back and forth from the Michigan company for two-or-three-week stints, but when I came to finish off the year, I liked it. I've pretty much stayed. Since November of last year, I've been in Michigan for about two weeks, and here the rest of the time.

It's been a pretty slow go -- ever try selling sprinklers during a watering ban? -- but things are starting to look up, especially now that some cities have eased their watering restrictions. I'm sure the company isn't making money on this yet, but they are very successful in Detroit and I'm confident they can make it work here, too.

Either way, I'm staying. A year or so before the company decided to try things in Charlotte, I started chatting and emailing and phoning with a young lady I met on the internets. A young lady from Charlotte. So I used my vacation last year to come down here and meet her. It went quite well. As in, I'll-be-marrying-this-woman well. So when my bosses asked if I was interested in coming down here for a couple weeks, I said no. But I told them I'd be glad to come for the whole winter. Now, I'm thinking more in terms of forever. I spend a lot of time hoping for rain.
That's way too cool...congrats!! Similarly but different, I met my wife 3.5 months before I asked her to marry me.

I hope it keeps raining too, for selfish reasons of course, but also to keep you down here in our wonderfully green city.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:51 PM

197 posts, read 617,007 times
This is such a cool tread, I just find out that some of my guesses were correct! It seems that my intuition serve me well

As you can see I am RE Broker, I've been in this for the past 7 years, previously licensed in Fl.
As per former experience it's been in sales as well.
I have been in most stages of this field from retail to wholesale, from domestic to international, developing new markets, managing key accounts; etc.
Industries: Import-Export, International Freight, Consumer goods and Professional Skin Care and Beauty related products, .
If I continue people may think that I am older I started to work very young before graduating.
I have a mayor in Business Administration and minor in Marketing and Advertisement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte