Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:57 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,580 times

Advertisements

Medical biller/Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist/Front Desk Receptionist. I think I covered the entire medical office. Next step, management. But would love to be in management of my household, but wouldn't we all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM

9 posts, read 23,920 times
Default I love what I do...

I am a pediatric dentist

Old 03-10-2008, 06:04 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Writer/Editor . . . and I write anything . . . also do new business development and healthcare management. So that means I write really, really tedious stuff at times, such as feasibility studies, new services assessments . . . and then lighter stuff, such as marketing plans, annual reports . . . and sometimes, fun stuff, like press releases and feature stories . . . speeches . . . and I edit books/articles for publishing companies . . . dissertations . . .

You might say . . . you need it written, I will be glad to write it. You want it edited, I will be glad to edit it. Every day is a new day . . . never know what will end up on my desk next.

For fun, I decorate/stage homes for my family and friends . . . and love growing my roses . . .

Old 03-10-2008, 06:22 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,657,526 times
I work in IT, managing and automating large-scale enterprise computer systems. I started in the banking industry, and stayed there for many years and through many different acquisitions and mergers. Recently, I was involved with healthcare, and I now work for a Fortune-500 financial services company. I'm also a full-time caregiver to my disabled wife.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:22 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Thia is a cool thread. I always find myself wondering about peoples professions as I read their posts.

My profession is not too exciting at this point because I'm retired. Over many years I've been an ESL Prof at UNCC, a French prof at several universities, a text editor for Oxford, a high school French teacher and a high school English teacher in Paris.

Since my retirement, I've started a small online craft shop - selling mostly knitted and fabric art crafts as well as some jewelry. I really love this.. it's my passion.
Tres bon, Mme. Barb! J'ai etudie la francais pour six ans mais c'etait il y a long temps . I think that's right!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Writer/Editor . . . and I write anything . . . also do new business development and healthcare management. So that means I write really, really tedious stuff at times, such as feasibility studies, new services assessments . . . and then lighter stuff, such as marketing plans, annual reports . . . and sometimes, fun stuff, like press releases and feature stories . . . speeches . . . and I edit books/articles for publishing companies . . . dissertations . . .

You might say . . . you need it written, I will be glad to write it. You want it edited, I will be glad to edit it. Every day is a new day . . . never know what will end up on my desk next.

For fun, I decorate/stage homes for my family and friends . . . and love growing my roses . . .
I could have used you last semester to write a 20 page paper for me!

My mom used to decorate/stage/paint faux/make curtains, pillows, duvee covers for family and friends, but she got wise and now makes a pretty good penny off of it. She does a lot of work for "haves" in LKN and south Charlotte.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_fx_35 View Post
I am a Corporate Recruiter for a F500 company based in Charlotte.
So are ya recruitin'?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
Hmmm...I help people buy and sell homes, while trying to keep my own in a liveable state. The customers that are actually responsible for my paycheck are very happy, while the non-paying underage customers (totalling 3, aged 13, 11 and 7) at home waffle between "I love you" and "You are the meanest mom in the world." And I wouldn't trade it for anything

Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,034 times
I used to be an international mutual fund manager. Got my MBA from a top 10 business school, and went into financial consulting. Now I am happily a SAHM, and I use that MBA daily trying to negotiate cookies vs. veggies, 7:30 vs midnight bedtime, and "you need to do 30 minutes of reading to get 30 minutes on the Playstation" with my 3 kids! There are days after being puked on, pooped on, cleaning mashed cheerios and sweet potatoes out of my little angel's hair, changing 15 diapers per day, and dealing with homework tantrums that I really miss that business world! But I wouldn't trade being with my kids for ANYTHING! I'll take 5 year old tantrums any day over my grumpy ex-bosses' tantrums! Seeing those sweet, grinning little faces light up when they see me makes life worthwhile for me!!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Did Real Estate in Nj for 6.5 years, but also have been a stay at home mom for 13...dh is a Program manager/Business Development in IT..Has been doing it for 18.5 years now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte