U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 4,182,156 times

Advertisements

For the past 13 years, I have worked in Real Estate as an Executive Assistant for a large financial firm. Upon moving here, I now work as a Legal Assistant in Real Estate for a major law firm. I'm thinking about pursuing a masters in Social Work. My dream job is to be a voice for children in a court system. It's only a dream because I can't live off the salary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 PM

246 posts, read 566,114 times
Actually came here to rest after 30 years with the Railroad in New York..,,.....
That didn't last too long :-)

Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 PM

158 posts, read 313,513 times
I recently worked for a Non Profit Organization in NJ. The Mental Health Field to be exact. I was responsible for lobbying in Washington, DC on Capital Hill for medical rights of the mentaly ill. I am now at home preparing for our move down to the Queen City in July and a SAHM....

Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 AM

118 posts, read 314,511 times
Wow, this is a GREAT mix of people. I guess I shouldn't feel to bad about the million things that I want to do. Currently in Law Enforcement, in school 8 classes away from BS in CJ. Wanting to work for CMPD, but also love working with children. My Dream jobs are to be a High School guidence counselor teacher/hair dresser. Funny how Charlotte-Meck schools will not hire you to teach with a BS in CJ. I love teachers, most under paid and under appreciated souls. Oh yes social workers too.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:57 AM

1,915 posts, read 2,856,892 times
I'm the proud owner of a house cleaning service.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 AM

367 posts, read 692,208 times
Systems Analyst

Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 AM

533 posts, read 1,090,748 times
professional student?!? i am 6 classes away from completing my masters in school counseling at uncc. i've worked in childcare and subbed a bit while completing the program. i hope to find a position as an elementary school counselor for jan 2009. but for right now i just babysit on the weekends. obviously i looove working with children!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 AM

10,811 posts, read 11,529,245 times
I think people already know what I do. However, goal is to go to J&W for culinary arts and also baking and pastry

Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 AM

364 posts, read 750,991 times
I am a teacher and I love it! I think in the future- I want to create my own "line" of math supplement books to enrich curriculum. I have toyed with the idea of possibly working with textbook companies, etc. I have decided that I probably won't go into administration since I can't stand the politics at times. Even though I will never make as much money as I would have if I went into the business world (I almost double majored), I wouldn't want to do anything else. I love going to work everyday and that's a pretty big bonus!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:36 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,289,298 times
I am currently the web content manager for my company's primary web site, marketing microsites, and other web properties. I fell into this role after taking on the enormous task of editing our old site and discovering inconsistencies galore! I like to make the content uniform and consolidate the submissions generated by other departments to conform to the approved style. Makes it much easier for site visitors to understand our message.

However, I don't have a technical background and am self taught in some basic IT areas. I'm toying with the idea of going back to school for an IT degree. I'm not entirely sure what I want to focus in though... and sadly my boss doesn't seem to support the idea of me going back to school. I've got a lot to think about.

DH just got a job in construction project management after about 9 months of unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte