U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 AM

569 posts, read 1,225,397 times

Advertisements

I'm in communications sales. It's a mixture of commercial sales combined with some state and local government agencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 07:25 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,795,391 times
DH did 28 yrs with the NYPD (23 yrs was with the Transit Police until the merge). He works p/t now with Enterprise. I've had a few different jobs in the past...medical assistant, 911 operator/police dispatcher in NYC & customer service for a long distance provider. Then my son was born & I stayed home to raise him & take care of my elderly mom. During that time, I did direct sales, worked at my son's school as a lunch/recess aid & an emergency service dispatcher in Putnam county. I also volunteered for 7 seasons at Yankee Stadium as a non-profit vendor selling souvenirs (the money went to my son's school).

I do have a home-business that I'm trying to establish here (I sell all-natural food mixes, blends & grapeseed oil through home tastings & internet sales). I've even thought about going back to school for my certification for medical assisting.

I have been job hunting &, after many resumes, applications & interviews over the past 6 mths, I finally got a job last week. I'll be working for the Charlotte Knights as one of the non-profit concession managers there. I get to be on the other side of the counter now. It should be alot of fun & busy work. YEAH.

BxRosie

Old 03-11-2008, 08:02 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,874,985 times
I've had a long and varied career as an executive assistant (worked for court-reporting agency, CMPD Crime Lab director, environmental engineers, French-owned manufacturer in sales/marketing/exporting, last 10 years full-time with Fortune 500 consumer sales). Thirteen years ago, my "surprise package" baby came along (at age 39). Intended to just stay home long enough to get her to school, but found that I also enjoyed putting my skills and talents to work for my family and community (school volunteer, soccer mom, girl scout leader, church leader, precinct worker). Currently, I work as a seasonal temp for the Board of Elections part-time. And, lately, I refer to my "job" as medical transport, having found myself in the "sandwich generation" now looking after my parents and a sister recently diagnosed with breast cancer. My oldest kid will be married next summer, my middle kid will start her student teaching next fall, and my "baby" starts high school next fall. Some days I wonder where all the time went. Mentally, I'm having to adjust my reality to the fact that I'm now "middle aged." How did this happen?

Last edited by marvinnative; 03-11-2008 at 09:11 AM..

Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 AM

55 posts, read 145,873 times
Bank auditor here, credit and IT. Have made a carreer of it I guess. Transferring to CLT to work with the large bank regulators in my pursuits of getting to the top of the game. Going from community banks to the largest bank in the country will be a welcome challenge.

Great thread! Neat knowing who is out there.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,455,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I think people already know what I do. However, goal is to go to J&W for culinary arts and also baking and pastry
I don't know what you do? Are you famous?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 AM

245 posts, read 813,306 times
Events and programming professional/Community Relations/organizational trainer

I have over 10 years experience in events and project management for non profits and am looking to connect with other professionals inteh area that could help steer my job search in Charlotte.

I have been thinking long and hard about consulting once I (and my daughter) follow my husband down next month.

My husband is a writer and he starts his news job on the 24th but will be leaving next week to CLT.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:25 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,668,173 times
Default in the mix

I am a SAHW for now and enjoying it. I worked at a very large PR firm for a few years then owned my own wedding planning business for 5 yrs. along with an e-commerce biz for couture wedding accessories like $1200 aisle runners. We made everything and I handled the sales, buying, marketing and labor nationally and internationally.

I also am a psychotherapist as well which someday I will go back to.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM

240 posts, read 658,793 times
Cool I am

I am a dance teacher.
I run a large program at the Matthews Community Center.
Also teach dance at several other locations.
All my dance training is from my homeland of England.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:39 PM

143 posts, read 478,954 times
I got my BS in Marketing and Stats and now I'm an Analyst for a Marketing and Sales brokerage firm. I love it Numbers galore!

My partner is a Project Manager at a local advertising firm.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM

14,131 posts, read 20,909,788 times
I'm a dancer and have been off and on for the past 13 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte