U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 AM

569 posts, read 1,225,150 times

Advertisements

I just wanted anyone's thoughts on Eastway Park/Sheffield Park area. I now live in Chantilly (been there several years) and I was considering cashing out and moving over to Eastyway/Sheffield Park. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,588,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
I just wanted anyone's thoughts on Eastway Park/Sheffield Park area. I now live in Chantilly (been there several years) and I was considering cashing out and moving over to Eastyway/Sheffield Park. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Chantilly is a better location, I'd stay there if you can.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,352 times
Default Eastway Park Neighborhood

I am a lifelong resident of Eastway Park and I love it. I don't think it gets the respect it deserves. It is an established neighborhood, clean, and even though the locale is close to Central Ave., the neighborhood is strong and neighbors watch out for each other. On the downside, there are more rental properties than desired and you will find that most of the undesirable rentals are in Winterfield which backs up to Sheffield Park. Some homes have been flipped and more executives and families are moving in. It's a good sign to see people out walking and jogging in the neighborhood at all times. Most homes that go on the market in Eastway/Sheffield sell within 1 week at the most...some even before listing.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,484,664 times
it still is an investor haven!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,549,758 times
I was looking in the MLS tonight and most of the homes for sale in Sheffield Park were preceded by the statement that it is a HOT neighborhood. It's main weakness is its school assignments.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:25 AM

195 posts, read 482,906 times
Sheffield Park is a good investment, like Chantilly was when you bought. It depends on what you are looking for in a neighborhood. Do you want to walk to businesses? If so Chantilly is your neighborhood. Do you want a nice quiet neighborhood? Both? Are you purely looking to cash out your current investment and start a new one? Then now is good time.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:25 PM

569 posts, read 1,225,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Strong View Post
Sheffield Park is a good investment, like Chantilly was when you bought. It depends on what you are looking for in a neighborhood. Do you want to walk to businesses? If so Chantilly is your neighborhood. Do you want a nice quiet neighborhood? Both? Are you purely looking to cash out your current investment and start a new one? Then now is good time.

Thanks for the response Kari. I'm really looking to cash out and start a new investment. I love my neighborhood but I think with my sq. footage we are starting to top out in price/profit. I wonder if Sheffield is going to take off like Chantilly did. I know now is the time to buy. I just do not want to sell myself short. I have a friend that lives in there now and they seem to like it. I also looked at Merry Oaks, but it is a little more expensive over there.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,588,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Thanks for the response Kari. I'm really looking to cash out and start a new investment. I love my neighborhood but I think with my sq. footage we are starting to top out in price/profit. I wonder if Sheffield is going to take off like Chantilly did. I know now is the time to buy. I just do not want to sell myself short. I have a friend that lives in there now and they seem to like it. I also looked at Merry Oaks, but it is a little more expensive over there.
Not an expert or anything, but it seems to me you are already in the most desirable of the 3 neighborhoods (Chantilly) and stand to see the most appreciation overall for that investment now or 10 years from now - so why would you sell just to go buy in another area that will not give you the return Chantilly will??

Old 05-19-2008, 07:44 AM

33 posts, read 111,960 times
Default a little late

but i just wanted to post my two cents. I live in this neighborhood, and I love it. I have friends in Chantilly and don't get me wrong, its nice there, but I honestly feel more safe in my area. Like someone else said, neighbors watch out for each other, but to be honest I've never ever felt threated or unsafe at all in my home. And its a great central location.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,722,117 times
Chantilly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte