Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,291 times

Advertisements

Very boring. very souless, even for a southern city. Coming down here from the Washington DC area, Charlotte does not have a city feel to it. Feels like a large suburb or big town. I've known international students who come to study at UNC-Charlotte absolutely hating the place. Singles and extreme liberals would hate it here as well. There is really nothing to do - no historic sites, historic neighborhood, rivers, or place of interest. Very little sense of history or culture. A place for older people, large families, and white collar rejects. Cost of living is starting to become a problem. Crime is on the rise also. Charlotte is generic in every way.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:52 AM

61 posts, read 75,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohokseeyouaround5 View Post
Very boring. very souless, even for a southern city. Coming down here from the Washington DC area, Charlotte does not have a city feel to it. Feels like a large suburb or big town. I've known international students who come to study at UNC-Charlotte absolutely hating the place. Singles and extreme liberals would hate it here as well. There is really nothing to do - no historic sites, historic neighborhood, rivers, or place of interest. Very little sense of history or culture. A place for older people, large families, and white collar rejects. Cost of living is starting to become a problem. Crime is on the rise also. Charlotte is generic in every way.
Yup. Thanks. We all agree. Bye now.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Yeah, we are one large 'burb. No soul. Lousy cost of living. We all think alike. Nothing historical. Nothing of interest.

Don't come.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Yeah I agree. Completely worthless city. I don't see why you guys keep coming here. It's a wasteland. Now please stop transplanting and adding to our non-diverse culture.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 AM

175 posts, read 188,298 times
Quote:
I know. Right? Stay way!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Oh geez, I thought the trolls in Charlotte slept until noon?? This is too early in the day....

Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
You forgot to mention our "crack infested" neighborhoods everyone and his brother lives in

Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 AM

175 posts, read 188,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You forgot to mention our "crack infested" neighborhoods everyone and his brother lives in
Don't "bother" mentioning his brother. I guess he still doesn't have a job.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
A little bored today are we?

Have fun trolling.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:33 AM

307 posts, read 715,208 times
Default I think this is a troll

I am from the DC area and I am trying to relocate to Charlotte. When I first developed an interest in Charlotte (Well my boyfriend started to try and convince me to move) I was reading reviews of Charlotte on a random website and I saw this exact same posting. Strange to see it a year later in the exact same wording like it was copied from somewhere else.
At the time it really scared me and turned me off. I remember specifically the mention of foreign students hating it and no soul.
I have now visited myself many times and I love Charlotte, obviously this post is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: