Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 PM

26 posts, read 168,959 times

Advertisements

Not that I'm interested in their service, but I've wondering..

I'm from Texas and usually street walkers hang out around downtown... but surprisingly enough; I've been driving around uptown Charlotte, and I haven't seen a street walker yet!

I guess a better question would have been:

What areas should I stay away from?

I'm a big guy (6"2 and beefy), but still... I don't want to put myself at risk unnecessarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 PM

428 posts, read 831,401 times
What a peculiar question. Does street walkers mean hookers? If so. Why would they want to violently attack you? Or are you speaking of a different "risk?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:57 PM

23 posts, read 90,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassamu View Post

I'm from Texas and usually street walkers hang out around downtown... but surprisingly enough; I've been driving around uptown Charlotte, and I haven't seen a street walker yet!

I'm a big guy (6"2 and beefy), but still... I don't want to put myself at risk unnecessarily.
Your risk is zero! Charlotte is a very serious city, family oriented. We don't have those things, nor we need them.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulCharlotte View Post
Your risk is zero! Charlotte is a very serious city, family oriented. We don't have those things, nor we need them.
You don't think Charlotte as hookers?!?! Lolololll.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassamu View Post

Do you really think you're fooling anyone for this question?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:27 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulCharlotte View Post
Sarcasm or just incredibly naive?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
You can find plenty of night time zombies walking the streets if you look in the right places.You will need to park your car and search on foot though.......On second thought THEY will find you....lol You can also try craigslist but most likely you will either hook up with some dudes with pistols waiting to jump you as you arrive in some out of the way place for your "date" or the VICE patrol.....or some "man" ...This ant Texas my man

Old 06-02-2013, 05:40 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Interesting that posting was after 11pm. Did you mean to post to CL?

Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 AM

821 posts, read 1,853,696 times
All one has to do is look at the criminal court docket each day/week and see case after case of soliciting for prostitution. Don't think for a moment that call girls, hookers, whatever you want to call them, are not found at bars in the high priced hotels and the rent by the hour "motels." People seem to have forgotten the scandals of the past year or two where call girl rings were operating here in Charlotte. Don't kid yourself - the world's oldest profession is alive and prosperous - just under the radar. Six-two and beefy is fine in a fist fight, but be assured that the pimps have equalizers that can deposit a small piece of led that can take down a beefy 6' 2' person.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,977,206 times
I think this thread will end up locked before the day is out. Charlotte is nothing like some cities where I've lived, where by mid afternoon on a "motel street" there would be a line of them out hanging to get picked up. If this activity is taking place in broad view, then police are overstretched and don't have time to deal with it.

If this is going on here, it's probably near the "trucker gas stations" in rough parts of the northwest side of the city. It's dicey business, because a customer could easily get robbed, and be unlikely to contact the police to explain how it happened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte