Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM

40 posts, read 80,977 times

Advertisements

Hello, we're having a wedding Reception in June that we want to organize and would like suggestions to honest vendors that you would recommend in the Charlotte metro area

1) Rental Party place for tables/chair covers/ decorations
2) Florist - Fresh unique flowers for church and reception
3) Photographer - experienced for quality photos/albums
4) DJ / MC - for reception, professional and experienced
5) Asian food Caterer that can provide 6-8 courses/wait staff/silverware, etc for ~30 round tables
6) and possibly a reception coordinator just for the wedding day to keep things orderly and make sure everything is set up promptly beforehand w/vendors.

Any helpful advice is appreciated, contact # or email, Thank you

Last edited by jtpindc; 03-12-2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: redundant wording
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 11:55 AM

371 posts, read 1,101,613 times
For rental needs, I recommend Party Reflections. I work with them for a large non-profit event each year, and can do nothing but sing their praises. Very willing to help.

I use Designs by Shelin for flowers, but she also does catering (have not used). She does very interesting/different designs. I basically just call, tell her who/what the flowers are for, and she does the rest.

Good Luck Planning!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
Hi there,

I don't mean to scare you, but are you talking about having the wedding this June? I ask only because, since we're already in March, you may have some trouble finding vendors that are available. When I got married four years ago (in the DC Area, maybe it is different here in Charlotte), the first piece of advice I received with regard to planning the wedding was to book vendors asap - especially the reception location, caterers, photographer, and florist. Quality vendors will be booked well in advance.

Perhaps you might want to reach out to wedding coordinators in the area to see if they have any vendors to recommend that are available on your wedding day. Since they're in the business, they might have "insider knowledge" to help you with finalizing all of your details.

Best of luck to you!

Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 PM

39 posts, read 177,772 times
I agree....you might have a hard time finding vendors for June but here are my recommendations.

Flowers: Party Blooms
Rentals: Party Reflections
DJ: Split Second Sound

Old 03-12-2008, 03:50 PM

40 posts, read 80,977 times
thank you for the advice, we have the church, reception site booked,
and we have a good idea on the caterer we'll be using.

we've called several florists/DJ/photographers and most if not all are available in June, just so many to choose from.

wanted to know if anyone has used certain vendors with positive results

any photographer recommendations and/or other advice?

thank you in advance

Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM

64 posts, read 371,740 times
FYI - we had many recommendations for a specific photography studio - not photographer. The studio sent a brand new photographer to our wedding and the pictures were awful! Do yourself a huge favor and book a specific person!!! EDIBLE ART did our cake - it was awesome. Party Reflections owner is an ex-relative of ours and I have always heard great things about them (with the exception of their ex).

Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpindc View Post
thank you for the advice, we have the church, reception site booked,
and we have a good idea on the caterer we'll be using.
Glad to hear that! I would be in panic-mode if I were you and didn't have all that stuff booked already.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM

256 posts, read 1,145,302 times
Here are my suggestions:

The Flower Diva in Pineville (she is excellent) The Flower Diva ~ Fabulous flowers for special events!
Decadent Designs Bakery in Ballantyne on Elm for the cake Decadent Designs Bakery, 704-542-7797
Agie Photography 704-941-9652 Agie Photography :: Engagement, Wedding, Children, Portrait, Family (He may be booked, he is excellent)
Jim Schmid 704-342-4664 Jim Schmid Photography

Where is your reception?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: