U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM

113 posts, read 315,097 times

Advertisements

thanks for the help everyone! question what is your favorite thing about Charlotte? Any other apt complexes recommended? I am looking for a two bedroom apt. in a nice and safe area. I am looking for about 1,000+ feet. Around the $800 a month area. Somewhere with a decent commute to CPCC Central Campus.

Last edited by MDreplant; 12-07-2006 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 02:03 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDreplant View Post
thanks for the help everyone! question what is your favorite thing about Charlotte? Any other apt complexes recommended?
These are in convenient areas:

Eastover Ridge (off of Wendover Rd - easy 10 mintues to CPCC)
The Colony Apartments (Southpark area)

Old 12-07-2006, 08:24 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,548,969 times
You might also try the apartments on Providence Road (Strawberry Hill is one of them, but there are several) or by the Arboretum (Providence Court is one of them, again, there are several...) Best of luck

Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 13,508 times
Default Raleigh vs. Charlotte

I am relocating to NC this summer. Next week I am interviewing for 2 positions, 1 right outside of Raleigh and the other in Charlotte..
I've lived in NYC, CT and Philadelphia respectively.

I need some random input in these areas.

Raleigh vs. Charlotte...and why?

Commute?

Cost of living?

Quality of living?

Areas I should focus on when I come down next week?

Saftey?...I'm coming from Philly soooo

Night Life?...I'm 25

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have spent little time in both cities.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:09 AM

OK well with everyones advise i have begun to research life in South Charlotte. the area around there do seem to be a lot better. There are defiantly allot of apartment complexes there. How is the Mathews area ? Drive time to uptown? areas around there? let me know.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDreplant View Post
OK well with everyones advise i have begun to research life in South Charlotte. the area around there do seem to be a lot better. There are defiantly allot of apartment complexes there. How is the Mathews area ? Drive time to uptown? areas around there? let me know.
Matthews is a very desirable area. The commute time from south Charlotte/Matthews to CPCC will vary depending on where exactly you decide to go. The complex I sent you info on is right at the Matthews/Charlotte city limits. (Gallaria Village). Basically, if you stay "inside" of hwy. 51 your commute would be easiest.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:45 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,110,480 times
Try to avoid Independence Blvd. I had the luck of driving it today and now remember why I avoid it.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:03 AM

Sorry I haven't replied Lately. We are looking with anticipation to move in march. I am looking for a job. anyone know of any job openings. Preferably in the IT field. I am currently going to college and i will have my A+ probably in the spring. I would love to talk to someone and get my foot in the door. I am willing to sign a contract for my services. Please let me know.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:12 AM

Default NEED Realtor

Any recommendations on a good Realtor in Charlotte?

Old 12-22-2006, 06:47 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,110,480 times
MDreplant I know of an opening in Charlotte actually Huntersville and can maybe help with getting you in touch with the hiring supervisor. He is actually a good frined of mine. You would at least have your A+ and preferably your Net + (If you pass the A+ you should have no problems with the Net +)

Let me know if your interested. I believe it starts to up $30K to lower $40K

Also I can help with your Realtor issues too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or