Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 03:15 PM

22 posts, read 49,482 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are moving to the Lake Norman area in late Sept/early October. We plan to rent for a short time while we take our time to find a waterfront home. Looking online to start the apartment search.... I get such conflicting indications. Websites for complexes look lovely, and the rent seems ok, then other sites have mixed reviews... some love the complex, and some absolutely hate it.

We are looking for a nice 3 bedroom in a complex with an in-unit washer/dryer. We have no pets, no commute, no school concerns. Just want an attractive place with a pool/gym without spending too much, since we want to save as much as possible to purchase a home soon. Hoping to stay under $1400/month. Anyone have a favorite complex? Any complexes we should absolutely avoid? We are open to any of the communities that surround the lake.

I will be coming to the area to see the places in person and commit, but I need to identify locations and availabilities before my trip is scheduled.

Thanks for any experience you can share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 11:58 AM

197 posts, read 230,675 times
We were in the same boat as you. Got an apartment in Mooresville and house hunting. We finally built a house and the closing is later today in fact. Anyway. We are at the Marquis Apartments at Morrison Plantation. Two bedroom with full sized washer and dryer, granite in kitchen and it has served us well for the past 8 months. It has a swimming pool and small gym but it is nice and has what you need. No doubt if you are retired you'll be the only one in it. Comes in at $1230 a month. There are brand new apartments or condos, Sorrel in Morrison plantation. I don't have info on them but they look nice. We checked many aparts before deciding on this one. We like the convenience of resturants, the lake and things to do. They keep it clean but it is an apartment with all the usual noise. We didn't care since we knew it was temporary. You will like it in the are wherever you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: