Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 06:29 AM

22 posts, read 29,231 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Fort Mill, SC from New England and due to the better schools we would like to live in either the Nation Ford or Fort Mill HS school area. My husband took a job east of Charlotte so looking to stay on the east side of Fort Mill if possible.

I've noticed a lot of the new developments are being built with close proximity to high voltage power lines which is very unfortunate. Any recommendations on newer developments that are far away from these lines? We are looking for a 4 BR/2+ bth home, with a minimum of 2700 sq ft.

We are willing to consider homes that are less than 10 years old thinking these communities may have families with older children. Our boys are 12 & 15. I tend to think newer communities bring younger families but I may be wrong! Any advice on existing developments that meet all our criteria is much appreciated.

Also, looking for a AAU baseball team for my 15 year old son. He plays first base and pitches and has played AAU ball in CT for 3+ years.

Both boys play basketball also so I would appreciate info on basketball teams for my 12 year old as my 15 year old will try out for the HS team.

Appreciate all your advice in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 06:41 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,698,397 times
Check out the Springfield neighborhood. Has a beautiful golf course and still has trees. Very close to Nation Ford High.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:30 AM

Thanks, will do.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:13 AM

625 posts, read 489,040 times
Ditto on Springfield.
Also -- Regent Park is near NaFo HS. It's a slightly older development with a variety of homes.
There's also Fallbrook (where we live) which is walking distance to the HS, Balmoral (neighborhood next to ours), Stafford Oaks and Stanton Heights -- all within proximity of the HS.

I didn't see price range in your post. That will make a difference as to which neighborhood. Springfield is in the $400K - $1 Mil range, Stanton Heights $500k - $700K, Fallbrook $350 +, Balmoral $300+, I'm not too sure about Stafford Oaks since it's a small neighborhood and I haven't seen anything on the market recently. I would NOT recommend Baden Village though it's in the lower price range in that area $200 - $250, it's a cut-through neighborhood to the elementary school and it has a lot of renters that tend not to give a rat's behind about maintaining the properties.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:20 AM

625 posts, read 489,040 times
For AAU you may need to search on-line and see what's available in Rock Hill and Charlotte. I did find one team in Rock Hill that has a FB Page but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for: https://www.facebook.com/carolinaredsrockhill/

Old 09-01-2017, 01:21 PM

162 posts, read 729,639 times
All the neighborhoods called out above are spot on, 2 good friends of mine live in Fallbrook and they are very happy.

As far as baseball goes, OnDeck Baseball Academy has an excellent program, my 13 yr old plays there and he likes it a lot. They are located in Pineville, so it isn't far from Ft Mill. I meet my friends in Ft Mill sometimes after I drop him off at practice.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:39 PM

386 posts, read 366,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTTOSCNC View Post
My husband took a job east of Charlotte so looking to stay on the east side of Fort Mill if possible.
@CTTOSCNC, Job location in which specific town, or how far east of Charlotte? School considerations aside, the specific job location may significantly influence how much some reasonable people would consider living in and commuting from Fort Mill.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
We are relocating to Fort Mill, SC from New England and due to the better schools we would like to live in either the Nation Ford or Fort Mill HS school area. My husband took a job east of Charlotte so looking to stay on the east side of Fort Mill if possible.

I've noticed a lot of the new developments are being built with close proximity to high voltage power lines which is very unfortunate. Any recommendations on newer developments that are far away from these lines? We are looking for a 4 BR/2+ bth home, with a minimum of 2700 sq ft.

We are willing to consider homes that are less than 10 years old thinking these communities may have families with older children. Our boys are 12 & 15. I tend to think newer communities bring younger families but I may be wrong! Any advice on existing developments that meet all our criteria is much appreciated.

Also, looking for a AAU baseball team for my 15 year old son. He plays first base and pitches and has played AAU ball in CT for 3+ years.

Both boys play basketball also so I would appreciate info on basketball teams for my 12 year old as my 15 year old will try out for the HS team.

Appreciate all your advice in advance!
How far east of Charlotte? Monroe?

Old 09-05-2017, 06:28 AM

Yes, Monroe.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:07 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Yes, Monroe.
That's going to be a fairly miserable commute. Have you looked at living in Matthews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte