Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 08:55 AM

4 posts, read 2,437 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My husband and I are relocating to Huntersville this September (job transfer - very excited!) and are scouting out apartment complexes in the area. We've gone to visit before and really liked Camden Sedgebrook. Does anyone have any experience with this apartment complex? Good/Bad/Likes/Dislikes? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 PM

68 posts, read 71,333 times
Great complex. Excellent location / neighborhood. Walking distance to Birkdale Village. We lived next door at RedCliffe, only because Sedgebrook didn't allow our large dogs.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:43 PM

11 posts, read 8,689 times
I lived there for four years, and while the units / management were great, there are a lot of rowdy people there. Every weekend, I would be woken up by drunk people stumbling back from the bars. I'd also be startled by idiots doing burnouts on the street, or neighbors slamming doors when they got home. I was eventually kicked out of my apartment because it needed to be upgraded (thanks Camden!), so I shopped around and ended up moving to a nearby complex called "Marquis at Northcross." Not only were rents much lower, but I had a MUCH MUCH better experience there. The ONLY downside that I could think of for Marquis, is that getting over to Birkdale Village required crossing Sam Furr Rd (which tends to be busy). I don't trust drivers, so I never walked there, but just did the 3 minute drive, haha. On the flip side, Marquis at Northcross is a 2 minute walk from Bob Evans, Carrabba's, Outback Steakhouse, Japanese restaurant. Really miss that convenience actually........
BEWARE: That area has become INSANELY (I mean INSANELY) overpopulated / congested. I ended up moving out because I got a new job in uptown, and between the I-77 traffic, and the congestion in Huntersville, I was fed up. Unless you are working close to Huntersville, I would stay away, personally. Unless you like sitting in traffic.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:52 AM

4 posts, read 2,437 times
Thank you for your input! We will be working in Huntersville so commute is not a problem. We actually ended up going with another complex that was a better fit. (More amenities, lower rent, new construction). Moving in first week in September. Camden's rent has gone up quite a bit since we first started scouting this past November and they were not willing to negotiate.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,962 times
Default huntersville

Kerin I'm relocating to the area in 06/2018 and was wondering what good apartment complex you were able to find, looking for something affordable and lots of amenities for my boys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte