U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2007, 03:59 PM

348 posts, read 46,572 times

Advertisements

I went to the Harris Teeter out there today, and for the first time I did detect a faint odor that, as someone else mentioned, you could sort of taste.

The neighbordhoods around there are lovely, and clearly plenty of people want to live there. Humans get used to everything after awhile. My family lived very close to LaGuardia Airport--and I never heard the planes. There's folks that live near railroad tracks, and they will probably tell you they don't hear the train. We humans are an adaptable bunch!

:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 04:15 PM

221 posts, read 512,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
I went to the Harris Teeter out there today, and for the first time I did detect a faint odor that, as someone else mentioned, you could sort of taste.

The neighbordhoods around there are lovely, and clearly plenty of people want to live there. Humans get used to everything after awhile. My family lived very close to LaGuardia Airport--and I never heard the planes. There's folks that live near railroad tracks, and they will probably tell you they don't hear the train. We humans are an adaptable bunch!

:-)
SOSO.... TRUE. When I was selling my house and someone came to look at the house during rush hour they would walk in the back yard and ask how far I was from the LI expressway as they would hear the traffic. ME- Iheard nothing. So I obviously got use to the sound and never took the time to listen to it. But I have to say they were right-you could hear the traffic very faintly at certain times.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,744,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
this is all very entertaining.
Never a dull moment, I tell ya.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,811,687 times
Default development

Well we finally checked out that development my parents were down and I have to say I did not tell them a thing about the problems with the smell. My dad toured the first model and then said to the sales agent "What is that smell?" So I guess some people can really smell it but the homes are nice I thought.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 AM

140 posts, read 423,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
Well we finally checked out that development my parents were down and I have to say I did not tell them a thing about the problems with the smell. My dad toured the first model and then said to the sales agent "What is that smell?" So I guess some people can really smell it but the homes are nice I thought.
The real questuion is....what did the sales agent respond to your dads statement concerning the smell?

I am in lawson, my sister and sister in law are in Cureton. The only time I have smelled anything , and it was not good, was when we went from Harris Teeter into Cureton the back way through the shopping center. Once we were at the other end of the develipoment is seemed to get much better.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 AM

140 posts, read 423,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robretpd View Post
The real questuion is....what did the sales agent respond to your dads statement concerning the smell?

I am in lawson, my sister and sister in law are in Cureton. The only time I have smelled anything , and it was not good, was when we went from Harris Teeter into Cureton the back way through the shopping center. Once we were at the other end of the develipoment is seemed to get much better.
OK My spelling is really bad (its really the keyboard).

Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM

32 posts, read 76,903 times
I was down there this weekend. My friends mother has a townhouse in Cureton. We spent 2 days there, walking around, by the pool, going to the new shopping center next door. I did not smell anything. I liked the community and the waterslide was a lot of fun.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Emy

113 posts, read 254,211 times
Here is something else to consider with the issue of smell. Waxhaw/Marvin area is full of horses and cows. Anytime you have a very hot,humid day you are going to be able to smell more of the animal stuff. We were also at Cureton yesterday. There were 6 of us and no one smelled anything bad.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:45 AM

348 posts, read 46,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer88 View Post
I was down there this weekend. My friends mother has a townhouse in Cureton. We spent 2 days there, walking around, by the pool, going to the new shopping center next door. I did not smell anything. I liked the community and the waterslide was a lot of fun.
The interesting thing about that is that the townhouses literally back up to the plant. Some noses are sharper than others for sure. I never smelled it until last week for the first time, but I definitely do not consider myself to have a good nose. My hubby on the otherhand could take the spot of a blood hound on a police task force--very senstive nose and tells me how he always smells cureton. Go figure!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,811,687 times
Default smell

The sales agent was pretty honest and said that it was due to the plant. I asked about how that was affecting home prices and she said yes it has but hopefully the plant gets fixed in the coming years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte