U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 09:20 AM

64 posts, read 219,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by relo2007 View Post
Madjacz, if you don't mind me asking, what is your aversion to Pulte. We are researching builders, and are very impressed with what we've seen from them. We also have several friends who have built with Pulte who were more than impressed with their after care service, quality, and lack of a lot of the problems associated with some of the quote-unquote custom builders such as Orleans. Just wondering.
nation wide Pulte's reputation is lack luster... although I suppose you could say that about most builders... about 15 + yrs ago they got in a lot of hot water w/ law suits regarding building in the North (stucco) and have had trouble in Atlanta... I know them to be a lower grade track builder... however they do seem to have a decent reputation in NC and Allen Tate Reps seem to like them... that's about all I can say... I just can't believe they can actually build and sell a house that size in chimneys of Marvin for that price point and people are buying them...the pure ratios don't work in my mind. Again personal thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 AM

7,929 posts, read 17,758,855 times
that is so true Mad, that is why dh didnt want to build there..because you are buying at the most expensive and well if the housing market should go down in the next few years, well those that bought at the highest price points are the ones that wont see much profit....and 430k for a 2800 sq ft house is alot of money...and their hoa fees are 1200 a year..and you ONLY get the incentives if you use their mortgage company..I will say though we know quite a few people who are in chimneys and they have responded VERY quickly to fixing the issues at hand and most of them had a VERY short punch list..so I guess in the scheme of things they build a decent house although they all look alike...and dh didnt GO WOW when we looked at the big ones for 549k which coming from NJ I would never spend..

Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM

75 posts, read 296,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieCM View Post
Regarding the Cureton Shopping area, does anyone know what is planned for the next phase?

We live in Cureton, and we heard at our HOA meeting last week from a rep with GS Carolina that Lowe's (the home store) should start building the earliest at the end of this year, the latest in Spring.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 AM

73 posts, read 300,415 times
Does anyone know if there are going to be any other stores coming in next to Lowes?

Old 09-12-2007, 03:31 PM

8 posts, read 23,313 times
Does anyone have information on a subdivision called Park Providence? Thank you.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:15 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,758,855 times
go to carolinahome.com u can search by sub-division and u can see what ammenities they might have..

it is across the street from the ryland homes Providence Grove...on Providence Rd, near Cureton...

the price range is from 254k to 270k No ammenities but a Walking Trail...its a smaller sub-division...

the schools are Kennsington Elem, Marvin Ridge Middle, and Marvin Ridge HS...

Hope this helps..

Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,498 times
Default Cunnane Group in Cureton

Anyone hear anything about Cunnane building in CUreton? Good builder, good to work with, etc? Thanks!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:26 PM

64 posts, read 257,795 times
We are building with Cunnane Group in Fort Mill (Springfield) and the process so far has been practically flawless. I live in S. Florida currently but from what I have researched they have an excellent reputation. I LOVE the style of their homes (inside and out) and they come standard with granite, stainless steel, wood floors, 4 piece crown molding, oversized baseboards and more. They give you a close date the day you sign your contract so there is no quess work as to when your home will be completed. I would encourage you to check them out!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,471 times
Smile Oaks on Providence

The Oaks on Providence in Waxhaw were built by Saussy Burbank.

We built a house in the back section in 1999. There aren't many like ours in the development and we really liked it that way.

We built the 2119-N Dilworth Collection house that was 1 1/2 stories. The living room had cathedral ceilings with 10 foot ceilings in the kitchen, bath, master bedroom and dining room on the first floor. The second story had 2 bedrooms, full bath and a finished bonus room.

We moved from there in 2002 due to my husband's job transfer to Philadelphia.

We have seen many new homes and builders and we have never seen any better than those built by Saussy Burbank. Their attention to detail, trim moldings, etc. are unsurpassed for those that prefer quality. Saussy homes are easy to pick out when you go to different neighborhoods.

I've been to some of the other neighborhoods and while they are nice I guess we just prefer those built by Saussy Burbank.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Emy

113 posts, read 360,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relo2007 View Post
Madjacz, if you don't mind me asking, what is your aversion to Pulte. We are researching builders, and are very impressed with what we've seen from them. We also have several friends who have built with Pulte who were more than impressed with their after care service, quality, and lack of a lot of the problems associated with some of the quote-unquote custom builders such as Orleans. Just wondering.

I recently spoke with someone high up with Pace. They have developed areas like Lawson, High Gate, Kingsmead,Hunter Oaks. He told me a few builders that they consider to be top notch for customer care and for building houses. Pulte was in the top three. He said that they are a great builder with fabulous customer service. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte