U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,131 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the housing market is like in the above towns? Are the prices dropping, staying the same, increasing?

Anyone know where I can get up-to-date stats on prices/activity for 2008 especially compared to 2007? I've tried local real estate companies and it's hard to get a straight answer...and just can't seem to find a website with this info.

Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,483,233 times
Its on the rise. As they build on all the land the prices are going up.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:33 PM

199 posts, read 483,336 times
I think it depends on the $$$ market.
My wife and I have been watching houses in some of the areas sub 200k and I can say they are def. either staying the same or have lowered over the past 6 months. They are also a couple years old, new houses might be different. When I say decreasing, I mean maybe a couple thous. but def. not increasing.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:14 PM

5,787 posts, read 8,433,431 times
It's not going anywhere soon... there's plenty of resale and new development available in all those areas. You won't get a straight answer from someone who is dependent on the housing market for a living - sorry, but it's true.

This mainly applies in the sub 800-900 price point. Stuff like prime lots on the lake are going to see appreciation. Big demand, limited availability. You can find 1-2m+ homes in these towns.

Where as sub 3a54d with convenient access to 77 is in very large supply - not even counting the resales in those areas. So you can play with the numbers "overall" - it really depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want to live on the lake?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM

111 posts, read 306,667 times
Default Going down

We are heading into a deep recession, prices are definitely off. In today's Observer they said real estate was off 27% compared to last year. Big difference. We just sold our home in Fla., and are going to wait a while to purchase. The Fed will be cutting the rate soon, and if you have great credit you can no doubt get a phenomenal rate on a mortgage.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,483,233 times
There has been plenty of development and resales here since the late 80's. Its not just because of the housing market but because this area is and has been a good place to live,work and relax. This is the entire Charlotte region not just up here by the lake. As a whole prices in the lake area are going up. We used to have a good amount of "new" homes around $200K now your lucky if you can get in under $250K.

My belief and its strictly my feelings if your in the market to buy now is a good time. This is is you are going to live there at least 4-5 years. Money is cheap and builders are giving away a ton of incentives. If you wait to long you may miss the bus

Old 03-17-2008, 09:02 AM

7 posts, read 23,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
We are heading into a deep recession, prices are definitely off. In today's Observer they said real estate was off 27% compared to last year. Big difference. We just sold our home in Fla., and are going to wait a while to purchase. The Fed will be cutting the rate soon, and if you have great credit you can no doubt get a phenomenal rate on a mortgage.
Funny the Charlotte Observer claims doom and gloom when Bloomberg and Money Magazines point out Charlotte is one of only 3 markets in the U.S. that is gaining in price.
Lesson #1 for moving to Charlotte - Don't read the Observer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or