U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 09:12 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,366,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannie Dixon View Post
Whatever happened to Stephanie Maxwell she was a good anchor
Read the second post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 04:03 PM

291 posts, read 151,766 times
Eagle fans do not have to come down for a game. They are already here.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:36 PM

21,868 posts, read 27,133,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The QC View Post
Eagle fans do not have to come down for a game. They are already here.
They don't have to come down, but they do. I would think that you'd be glad that they come down & put money into our economy. Hopefully, that's what you meant to say.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,698 times
Stephanie maxwell was the only reason I watched wsoc in the mornings. Since she has been gone I have lost interest. Hope she isn’t gone for something so superficial as weight. She is a wonderful anchor and a very beautiful lady.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan1972 View Post
Stephanie maxwell was the only reason I watched wsoc in the mornings. Since she has been gone I have lost interest. Hope she isnít gone for something so superficial as weight. She is a wonderful anchor and a very beautiful lady.
I liked her and don't know why they made the change. Could have been budgetary or other contractual reasons. Or a consultant may have suggested a change. TV stations often use consultants or focus groups to attract a certain audience or demographic. But despite the change, I still like WSOC newscast in the morning. It is fast paced and to the point, and they tend to be on top of all the live and breaking news.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:18 AM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
1,019 posts, read 944,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Watching WSOC, I have not observed Stephanie Maxwell on the early morning news for the past 2 weeks. Perhaps she has chosen to pursue other opportunities, or perhaps she was released by the station after her contract was not renewed. I found her to be a good anchor and reporter, with a strong delivery. But these changes can often occur in the TV business, for no apparent reason. And I have been told that Cox Media has a clause in their talent contract that limits weight gain, and requires personnel to maintain a youthful and energetic appearance. Perhaps some of these issues came into play here, but that would only be speculation.

A similar situation transpired a number of years ago when WSOC inexplicably released reporter Brigida Mack, who was promptly rehired across town at rival WBTV, where she is now the afternoon anchor. And a few pounds lighter after giving up the sugar.

But at times like these I miss Mark Wasburn at the Charlotte Observer, as he was well informed and up to date with media moves in the Charlotte market.
In reality, I wish they worried about the anchor's grammar and not their weight. They ALL have the worst grammar I have ever heard on TV. I guess that is what happens when schools drop grammar in Elementary School.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:14 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
In reality, I wish they worried about the anchor's grammar and not their weight. They ALL have the worst grammar I have ever heard on TV. I guess that is what happens when schools drop grammar in Elementary School.
In terms of the main anchors, I like Maureen O'Boyle on WBTV, and Paul Cameron has been there a long time. And Scott Wickersham always looks sharp on WSOC; very nicely dressed whoever does his wardrobe.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,264 times
I actually emailed WSOC to ask where stephanie was and the news director emailed back and said she still works for the station, but did not elaborate where.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times
I've been looking for Stephanie Maxwell too. Nothing on social media since early Oct. Sometimes I felt like she was bored (and over it) from the mundaneness of trying to sound enthusiastic when announcing "...now for your update on traffic and/or weather.." But that's just my opinion. The replacement lady is good. Brittany I think is her name. She and the guy work pretty good together. Her personality helps him.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:17 AM

4,790 posts, read 2,549,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada B View Post
I actually emailed WSOC to ask where stephanie was and the news director emailed back and said she still works for the station, but did not elaborate where.
There are only so many reasons a broadcaster is still on the payroll but not on the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte