U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-17-2017, 09:35 AM
 
154 posts, read 125,164 times
Reputation: 96

Advertisements

My wife and I frequent the Caribbean yearly. We live in Iowa. I took a job in Rock Hill so we are relocating in the next couple of months to the Charlotte airport area.

For my fellow Caribbean lovers, which nonstop location in the Caribbean do you prefer and what days can you fly out of Charlotte to it?

We usually go to Grand Cayman it fair priced, easy to get to, and we can rent a car and beachfront condo and not worry about being killed. (kinda a big deal)

Looking forward to discussing future locations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 AM
 
1,451 posts, read 985,307 times
Reputation: 1664
You can continue to travel to Grand Cayman if that is your preferred destination. American offers 1 or 2 daily nonstop flights from Charlotte to Grand Cayman November 5th - August 11th. In August - October shoulder season the flight operates 4-5 times per week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 AM
 
154 posts, read 125,164 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
You can continue to travel to Grand Cayman if that is your preferred destination. American offers 1 or 2 daily nonstop flights from Charlotte to Grand Cayman November 5th - August 11th. In August - October shoulder season the flight operates 4-5 times per week.
I was aware of that, should have stated so, but am interested in other locations and what the locals prefer. We mainly went to GC because it was easy to get to from Iowa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2017, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
2,143 posts, read 2,606,403 times
Reputation: 1660
Good news is that many Caribbean destinations from Charlotte. Bad news is that there are rarely any good deals, or even remotely decent deals from CLT. That includes both domestic and international travel.

However, in terms of just favorite destinations that are non-stop from Charlotte, a couple of favorites are Mexico/Cancun, San Juan and Turks and Caicos. Many non-stops are offered though so you're in luck in terms of choice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 03:51 AM
 
154 posts, read 125,164 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Good news is that many Caribbean destinations from Charlotte. Bad news is that there are rarely any good deals, or even remotely decent deals from CLT. That includes both domestic and international travel.

However, in terms of just favorite destinations that are non-stop from Charlotte, a couple of favorites are Mexico/Cancun, San Juan and Turks and Caicos. Many non-stops are offered though so you're in luck in terms of choice!
Haha,

Probably give San Juan and Turks awhile to recover first. Cancun gets 2 thumbs down from me. It's a favorite place to go here in the Midwest for most. We aren't much for resorts or places you can't rent a car and safely drive around the island. Unfortunately that rules out many locations.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
2,143 posts, read 2,606,403 times
Reputation: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve View Post
Haha,

Probably give San Juan and Turks awhile to recover first. Cancun gets 2 thumbs down from me. It's a favorite place to go here in the Midwest for most. We aren't much for resorts or places you can't rent a car and safely drive around the island. Unfortunately that rules out many locations.

Thanks!
I listed Cancun more from the "it's slightly less awfully priced from Charlotte" category. But really, again, tons of choices, just not great deals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 04:28 AM
 
154 posts, read 125,164 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
I listed Cancun more from the "it's slightly less awfully priced from Charlotte" category. But really, again, tons of choices, just not great deals.
Maybe not great deals but I'd pay more to avoid driving to Atlanta anyday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 09:41 AM
 
Location: livin' the good life
2,147 posts, read 3,653,792 times
Reputation: 1238
I fly to Aruba and Costa Rica direct via AA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM
 
154 posts, read 125,164 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I fly to Aruba and Costa Rica direct via AA.
Awesome. Caribbean side of Costa Rica or Pacific?

How’s Aruba? Ever tried Bonaire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top