U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 05:44 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,732,393 times

Advertisements

The Harris Teeter at the Arboretum usually has the Gabila knishes in the frozen foods section. Smaller size and pricier than BJ's, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 06:16 PM

440 posts, read 1,008,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnynow28226 View Post
I live near BJs. Now maybe I don't have to make them. They are a labor of love.
OMG when you originally posted that you were making them, I thought you meant creating them & then I thought no he must mean heating and serving them. But holy cow you make them?! I've never heard of anyone making them.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:25 PM

982 posts, read 1,189,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessPie View Post
OMG when you originally posted that you were making them, I thought you meant creating them & then I thought no he must mean heating and serving them. But holy cow you make them?! I've never heard of anyone making them.
My grandmother used to make them every weekend with her brisket growing up then we would play hearts after dinner. Man I miss all of that.

She used my great grandmothers wooden mixing bowls and kitchen tools to make them, took her forever to make but she knew we all wanted them.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,374,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
The Harris Teeter at the Arboretum usually has the Gabila knishes in the frozen foods section. Smaller size and pricier than BJ's, though.
Publix has them in the deli area in the prepared food case opposite the deli counter. Sometimes they have Gabila's spinach knishes there as well. And while you're over there on that island, pick up some Ba-Tampte deli mustard to go with those knishes.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 AM

982 posts, read 1,189,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Publix has them in the deli area in the prepared food case opposite the deli counter. Sometimes they have Gabila's spinach knishes there as well. And while you're over there on that island, pick up some Ba-Tampte deli mustard to go with those knishes.
Also B-Tampte half sour pickles as a snack.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:16 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,025,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
Also B-Tampte half sour pickles as a snack.
Those pickles are (or maybe were) the best. Does it seem like they are now "cooked" or something? They used to seem brighter green, sometimes more fizzy with fermentation and crisper. Maybe they sit around longer here than where they're maybe more popular, but they're refrigerated. I make my own sometimes, but those Ba-Tamptes are the Half-Sour benchmark (or were).

Old 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM

440 posts, read 1,008,265 times
Pumbaa, That's so sweet! My dad did some kind of business once with Yonah Schimmel's Knishes & his mother thought he had become the equivalent of a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or