U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:55 AM

11,773 posts, read 9,382,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
This seems like it should be a P&OC thread, but here we are in Charlotte. Well, at least a few responses seem that way.

Felt, I know you're smarter than this. I've seen your posts for years. Maybe you haven't been paying much attention to some things, but diversity, to many, does mean anti-white. It's an ugly truth, but a truth, nonetheless.

It's mostly a political thing.
Thats my point. Those people are wrong and aren't very smart.

You can't redefine a word. Diversity means more than one group of people or more than one culture.

People who think it means anti white are trying to play victim.

This thread definitely shouldn't be in P&C. The folks who think it means anti white should be in P&C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
"Anti" white might be a little dramatic, maybe just "non" white would be a better description of what many consider diversity. And that's pretty much exactly what OP requested.
Non white is wrong as well. It means more than white. Are there places in Charlotte where there are more than just white folk?

Old 11-18-2017, 08:33 AM

6,140 posts, read 2,844,878 times
This phenomenon of diversity.... lol. Diversity is overated in my opinion... i never cared much for living with Indians, Chinese, French, Thailanders, Filipinos, Africans, Arabs.... or whatever makes an area diverse today... im perfectly fine living with typical black/white nc diversity. Not that im bothered by others, but moreso i just dont care about diversity and never understood the obsession of mainly liberal elite white people to sorround themselves with folks darker than them to make themselves feel better, progressive or whatever.

Diversity is more than skin color folks....

Old 11-18-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
This phenomenon of diversity.... lol. Diversity is overated in my opinion... i never cared much for living with Indians, Chinese, French, Thailanders, Filipinos, Africans, Arabs.... or whatever makes an area diverse today... im perfectly fine living with typical black/white nc diversity. Not that im bothered by others, but moreso i just dont care about diversity and never understood the obsession of mainly liberal elite white people to sorround themselves with folks darker than them to make themselves feel better, progressive or whatever.

See, this is exactly what Iím talking about. Has nothing to do with politics or liberal elites. Itís a shame how politics has driven some folks over the edge.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:56 PM

317 posts, read 177,833 times
Quote:
"Anti" white might be a little dramatic, maybe just "non" white would be a better description of what many consider diversity. And that's pretty much exactly what OP requested.
You're right, I don't think "anti" is fair or correct...at least commonly so.

"Non-white" is more accurate and more common.

I'll edit my comment to that end.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:30 AM

5,888 posts, read 7,744,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Non white is wrong as well. It means more than white. Are there places in Charlotte where there are more than just white folk?
Of course. Sorry, when I said "non-white" I didn't mean completely non-white, but that had other races besides "white folk." Which is exactly how you just said you were interpreting OP's request for diversity, so I am a bit confused how you find so much offense to similar comments from others.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Of course. Sorry, when I said "non-white" I didn't mean completely non-white, but that had other races besides "white folk." Which is exactly how you just said you were interpreting OP's request for diversity, so I am a bit confused how you find so much offense to similar comments from others.
Gotcha... I agree.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:19 PM

391 posts, read 244,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post

Good point. I was going to use Davidson as an example of white progressive people surrounding themselves with people with folks darker than they, but the isn't the case. They just want everyone else to. Most progressives preach diversity, but the truth is, they prefer it to be elsewhere. Having a couple of gay couples in the neighbourhood doesn't make it a diverse neighbourhood. I'm like you, I don't give a rat's a##. I just want people that keep up their yards, control their kids, and respect quiet hours and the privacy of others.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:21 PM

391 posts, read 244,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
See, this is exactly what Iím talking about. Has nothing to do with politics or liberal elites. Itís a shame how politics has driven some folks over the edge.
Can you explan? What does politics have to do with it? I use crime as a baseline.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff of London View Post
Can you explan? What does politics have to do with it? I use crime as a baseline.
Progressives, liberals, elites, etc. when this gets brought up we usually enter the ďwhy is skin color important, why do you hate white folkĒ territory.

I donít think the OP had anything to do with politics but I think politics has pushed folks over the edge when it comes to this topic. 10 year ago if someone asked for diversity folks would point them in the direction of diverse areas. Now though, everyone takes it personally and has to give some grand speech about why diversity is horrible or what the definition of diversity is in 2017.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte