Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 02:48 PM

17 posts, read 20,751 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Charlotte and are now renting in Myers Park. I have noticed there is very little diversity in this area where we live. My husband is from the Middle East and I feel like he is one of the very few from another country in this area of town. We moved from California and would like to see at least a little bit of diversity in our neighborhood. Is SouthPark a little bit more diverse when it comes time to buy? What areas would one recommend for a little more diversity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 02:52 PM

2,398 posts, read 2,658,464 times
University City, Pineville area, Matthews, Sheffield Park area, Steele Creek

Old 11-01-2017, 02:55 PM

We are city people and would like stay in South Charlotte. Any recommendations on neighborhoods in S. Charlotte? Didn't care much for Matthews, but to each their own.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:31 PM

391 posts, read 399,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisca22 View Post
We just moved to Charlotte and are now renting in Myers Park. I have noticed there is very little diversity in this area where we live. My husband is from the Middle East and I feel like he is one of the very few from another country in this area of town. We moved from California and would like to see at least a little bit of diversity in our neighborhood. Is SouthPark a little bit more diverse when it comes time to buy? What areas would one recommend for a little more diversity?
South Park isn't very diverse, just a bunch of us European Americans. Try University Park or Michigan.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:55 PM

1,195 posts, read 978,926 times
Nation's Ford neighborhood, many hispanics and africans with white people dotted in.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:21 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,335,361 times
Pineville is more diverse than most of south Charlotte. Also, City-Data has a nice feature of a map of Charlotte (and other cities of course) where you can search for various information such as race, age, income by census tract. You might enjoy looking at it finding an area that meets your needs/expectations:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Charlo...-Carolina.html

Old 11-02-2017, 07:39 AM

547 posts, read 769,825 times
We are all the same under our skin. Save yourself the moving costs and try to get to know someone that doesn’t look like you. I bet you’ll find you have similar interests.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:18 AM

607 posts, read 548,458 times
Quote:
The experience I've had with people from Myers Park couldn't be more different. People have varying political views, listen to all different kinds of music, seek out diverse cuisines when looking at places to eat out, demonstrate diverse opinions when they argue about which college football team is the best, and they have diverse opinions on the best way to bring up children.

Oh you were talking about diversity of skin color, I thought we were beyond judging people based on that.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:00 PM

We love Myers Park and everyone seems very friendly. Not downing Myers Park at all. One of the few reasons we enjoyed California was because people were from all over the world and my question was pertaining to that! I was just looking for a similar neighborhood in S. Charlotte. Wow.. so helpful you people are! Ugh... And of course we are all the same under our skin. I am a European American myself and accept everyone for who they are...

Last edited by krisca22; 11-02-2017 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-02-2017, 02:04 PM

751 posts, read 927,082 times
Quote:
We love Myers Park and everyone seems very friendly. Not downing Myers Park at all. One of the few reasons we enjoyed California was because people were from all over the world and my question was pertaining to that! I was just looking for a similar neighborhood in S. Charlotte. Wow.. so helpful you people are! Ugh... And of course we are all the same under our skin. I am a European American myself and accept everyone for who they are...

You specifically said "he is one of the very few from another country in this area of town"...not once did you mention skin color in your original post. Ignore the trolls that only wish to cause controversy and not provide tangible help. I hope everything works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte