Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:13 AM

404 posts, read 2,616,165 times

Advertisements

i actually wasnt looking for 10 acres or more.
More like .01 to 2 acres and yes it would probably be speculative.
thanks

Old 05-07-2006, 06:12 AM

58 posts, read 229,421 times
Default Troutman

I am moving to Troutman in a few months and I will tell you it is by far one of the nicest areas. Close to Lake Norman and close to Charlotte. You should check it out next time your in the area

Paul

Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie324
I am moving to Troutman in a few months and I will tell you it is by far one of the nicest areas. Close to Lake Norman and close to Charlotte. You should check it out next time your in the area

Paul
A few weeks ago when we were looking at houses, we looked at Troutman.
I have to say, if is was not for the fact of finding something we really liked in Mooresville and decided to make an offer, Troutman was my next choice.
I found it to be more spread out so homes are not being built on top of each other. It was beautiful driving through there.
I think you made a great choice!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:21 PM

5 posts, read 12,852 times
Default Small town NC

DizLiz,

I have lived in Charlotte, near Charlotte, in the NC Western Mountains, on the coast, and near Raleigh. My advise is stay away from Raleigh above all else. If you need to be "near" a major city try Stanly Co., NC, Co. seat is Albemarle, but go SouthWest from there towards Charlotte to Locust. From Locust you can be at the NC Mountains in 3 hrs., Charlotte in one hr, Myrtle Beach, SC area in 3 hrs. Greensboro, NC in 2 hrs.

I am currently in the town of Troutman, N. of Charlotte, roads here are getting very crowded. Charlotte has heavy traffic, but for the most part they have the roads to handle the traffic. Raleigh's traffic is awful, they are behind the curve in keeping up.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:33 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Can anyone tell me why the crime stats are so high in Mooresville? Anyone whose been there can you tell me anything about what they like or dislike.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,796 times
Default Moving to Charlotte

DizLiz,

My husband, 20 month old and I are also moving to Charlotte from Irvine CA. Right now we're thinking we'll move by the summer, but it all depends on my husbands job/re-location. I'm interested in learning about what you find because it sounds like we're looking for similar things. I want a small quaint town that has a lot of activity for our family...such things as farmers markets, parades, children's activities, parks, nature trails, shopping, etc. I would like to have all of the amenties of a large town, with the small home feel. Also at the top of our list is a good school district. I have found some information on the internet, however I have found it difficult to sort through. I would be interest in learning about what you have found in your search. My husband has been to NC a couple of times and really likes the Cramer Mountain Area. HAve you heard of it? I have not been there myself, but looking forward to going.

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 PM

5 posts, read 6,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetaway View Post
did you guys relocate from somewhere else? and if you don't mind, how did you decide to move to Matthews? I'm so nervous about choosing an area, its starting to overwhelm me!
I completely agree with you, I'm looking to move to the Charlotte area, but I want to live in one of the surrounding areas, not so much in Charlotte; but definitely an easy commute. The more I research the more I get overwhelmed.. its exhausting..

Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,566 times
We are looking to move to North Carolina within the next 2 months,we are looking for a nice quiet family oriented area but close to the airport being that we both will be transferring to the airport through our job...We are looking for something nice and spacious that can accomodate a big growing family but at the same time something that is not too expensive!!! Any suggestions please we do not want to be more than a hour away from the Charlotte International Airport.. If you know of any other airports and suggestions please do tell...Thank you sincerely Kesher

Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,410 times
Don't know if you have made your move or not. But you might want to look into the Fort Mill SC area. Taxes are lower, the people are extremely friendly, and the schools are tops in the state of SC. It is only minutes outside of Charlotte on the south side.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
mod note:

The OP has not posted in 6 months and it appears by their posting history they may have not moved. If they want me to reopen thread send me a direct message>
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte