U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 02:20 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,764,832 times

Advertisements

I have a ? regarding wesley chapel...Is it actually in Monroe? Ive heard alot of negitives on monroe, but from what I can tell there is only 1 elem school listed on greatschools.net in wesley and it says its in monroe...anyone with more info????

with all these different areas in union county one could certainly be overwhelmed, and we only have so much time....

Thank You
Staci
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
I have a ? regarding wesley chapel...Is it actually in Monroe? Ive heard alot of negitives on monroe, but from what I can tell there is only 1 elem school listed on greatschools.net in wesley and it says its in monroe...anyone with more info????

with all these different areas in union county one could certainly be overwhelmed, and we only have so much time....

Thank You
Staci

Wesley Chapel is a community of about 4000 in Union County. Monroe is the biggest city in Union County. Here are stats about Wesley Chapel from city-data : Zip code: 28104

Median resident age: 36.9 years
Median household income: $74,187 (year 2000)
Median house value: $201,600 (year 2000)

Old 12-10-2006, 12:41 PM

531 posts, read 1,863,888 times
IN NC the school districts are a little different than up north. We go by counties and not towns. You may actually be going to a school located in Monroe even if you live in a different town. It depends on which school you are closest to. I live in Indian Trail and some of the kids in my sons school actually have a Matthews address. If you have questions...I think they still have the school locater on the union county schools website. It allows you to enter an address to find which school you would be going to.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:28 PM

60 posts, read 112,452 times
There are some communitys in Wesley Chapel and in Indian trail that have a Monroe zip code.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
There are some communitys in Wesley Chapel and in Indian trail that have a Monroe zip code.
so how can I assure my kids would go to these schools??? Do they redistrict alot??

Old 12-10-2006, 08:54 PM

15 posts, read 123,042 times
Pretty much anywhere in Union County, except Monroe, has great schools. Indian Trail, Weddington, Waxhaw and Marvin are the places to look at. Redistricting only occurs when new schools are built and only when Monroe gets into the equation do parents get antsy. Schoolwise, it's a lot more stable than Charlotte-Mecklenburg.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:12 AM

2,115 posts, read 6,442,714 times
Monroe schools are not the big, bad scary places people make them out to be. I guess since there are many areas in Monroe that are urban thus, serving an urban population, they get a bad rap. Thank goodness I didn't make my decisions based on what others had to say. It's pretty easy to do the research. Now, if the goal is to keep one's children away from an urban population (read into this whatever you want) then sure, avoid Monroe schools like the plague.

SL

Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Pretty much anywhere in Union County, except Monroe, has great schools. Indian Trail, Weddington, Waxhaw and Marvin are the places to look at. Redistricting only occurs when new schools are built and only when Monroe gets into the equation do parents get antsy. Schoolwise, it's a lot more stable than Charlotte-Mecklenburg.
I agree with that CM, Ive done my research and from what I can tell its not an area for us....Thanks for input, I hear marvin will opening new schools that should be a good thing...I was very impressed with the reports and what ive seen for the waxhaw (depending on the school) marvin and weddington...Indian trail im a bit iffy with also...

Thanks all!!!!

Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM

60 posts, read 112,452 times
njmom2 if you are looking in Wesley Chapel .You should take into consideration that Monroe is big . It has 2 zip codes 28110 ,28112. I dont think that your kids would go to any schools in the 28112 area . To far from Wesley Chapel.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 PM

531 posts, read 1,863,888 times
try using the school locater on the union county schools website. Just enter an addresss and it will tell you which school you'd be going to. It is very easy to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or